You are not connected. Please login or register

A bit of exploration (Open)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A bit of exploration (Open) Empty A bit of exploration (Open) Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The halls echoed with every step she took. It was the only sound to break the silence of the empty halls of the brand new Syne Acaedmy. While her mother was busy with boring work stuff, Liona decided that she wanted to explore her new home instead of sitting there doing nothing as she waited for her mom to finish. The school would officially open the next day, so Liona thought that it would be a good idea to explore the place while there was no one else there, free reign to do whatever it was that she wanted to do.

On the airship ride to the academy, it was so cool to see the castle school sitting on top of a small mountain, surrounded by the beautiful blue of the forest; Finnek, if she recalled correctly. Now, she roamed the halls, peeking into every classroom, every rec area, every corridor on every floor. She couldn't wait for the semester to begin.

2A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
“Where is everyone?” Veta wondered aloud as she strode through the halls of Syne academy. At least she was pretty sure it was Syne academy. Unless someone had sent her to a fake one? There had been a sign and everything… Weird. There were people here, sure, but it looked like they were busy with other things. And not students.  And most of them were too busy to pay her mind.

After a while, Veta simply wandered into one of the classrooms that had been set up. It was surprisingly lonely for such a big place. Had someone not told her something important? Her ears drooped slightly as she wandered what she’d done wrong this time. She perked up rather quickly though. “No! I can feel it! This is the right place! I just have to figure out what I’m missing. Maybe everyone’s somewhere else in the building!” And with that, she took off, bounding out of the classroom to start looking for everyone at high speed.

It was that same high speed that caused her to nearly slam straight into another girl who was looking around. Fortunately, she managed to only fall over herself and miss the girl completely. “Owww” she complained, rubbing her elbow as she stood up.

3A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:54 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Liona looked out of the window nearby, and the view was just breathtaking. She could see the courtyard from up here, and she wondered what it was gonna be like tomorrow when the school was filled with aspiring hunters and huntresses. The excitement was almost too mcuh to handle, but Liona kept herself composed. She didn't want to make a bad impression on the random staffers running around getting ready. besides. Everything she did would probably reflect back on her mother. She had no desire to be a burden. So she held in her excitement for the semester ahead, freaking out on the inside.

Suddenly she heard rapid footsteps around the corner. She looked to see what it was and found a girl getting closer at a fantasitc speed, nearly running right into the blonde faunus. She had missed her completely, but that didn't stop Liona from stumbling backward, startled by the sudden appearance of this girl. She stood up, rubbing her elbow and she appeared to be a faunus just like Liona. That made things easier. Had it been a human, things would have been alot more awkward. "Are you Alright? You were goin kinda fast there." She held out her right hand. "I'm Liona."

4A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:04 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta's eyes popped open wide as blonde girl addressed her. She turned around quickly, going from whining about self-inflicted injuries to a large, wide-eyed grin. "I was looking for everyone else," Veta explained with a shrug, rubbing the back of her head apologetically. "I feel like I'm missing something. Am I missing something?" She asked. It was obvious she was full of energy, and not too embarrassed over the incident since the other Faunus hadn't been hurt.

She introduced herself as Liona. Veta grinned and held out a hand for her to shake. "I'm Veta. Veta Hunter. Yeah I know the name's a bit ironic now but I don't really mind." She shrugged, shuffling a bit and making sure her skirt was straight after the tumble. "I take it you're coming to Syne academy too then? That means we'll be classmates! I didn't expect to meet another Faunus so soon." She admitted. For some reason she'd assumed there'd be a lot of humans around. But she wasn't going to argue with this turn of events.

5A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The girl shook off her little mishap with a huge smile, explaining that she had been looking for 'everyone else'. Who was everyone else? Did she mean other students? Maybe she was mistaken and thought that school started today, instead of starting tomorrow? And how did she even get in today? Liona would have asked, but she didn't want to risk being asked the same question. 'Oh, my mom's the Headmistress.' 'No way really?! You must be pretty strong then!' Liona could already hear the conversation in her head and it was not welcome. Last thing she wanted was to have her perceived strength be based off of her Mom's.

So instead, She allowed the Faunus girl to continue speaking. She asked if she was missing something, still confuse about where everyone was. Yep, she was here a day early. "Well, The academy doesn't quite open until tomorrow. I expect a lot more people then," She replied with a grin. The girl shook Liona's outstretched hand and introduced herself as Veta Hunter, laughing about the name's irony. The blonde Faunus giggled a bit. "Hehe, must be fate, hm?"
"I take it you're coming to Syne academy too then? That means we'll be classmates! I didn't expect to meet another Faunus so soon." Veta seemed to be almost as excited on the outside than Liona was in the inside. "Ooh, glad to meet a classmate so early! Nice to know I won't be going to school tomorrow not knowing ANYONE. I'm from Vale, so I know nothing about Bellmuse or anyone in it. The blue forest looks great though..." Liona looked back out the window, but then shook her head to focus her attention back on the conversation. "And yeah, I'm glad you're Faunus, because this conversation would be impossibly awkward if you were human."

6A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Well that was interesting news. Syne Academy didn't even open today. Veta had gotten her days all mixed up. The expression on her face betrayed her disappointment at having to wait, but she didn't act it. She stayed as chipper as before. She was told her last name must have been fate since she was a huntress in training as of... tomorrow, apparently. "Yeah, I guess," she agreed, sounding a bit confused. Mostly because she'd never understood the concept of fate all that well. What was the point of becoming a Huntress and trying to change the world for the better if fate was just going to step on everyone's toes?

"I'm from Bellmuse. Well sort of. I moved here after... well it was nearly four years ago." Veta didn't want to start off on a sour note. She liked people paying attention, but pity wasn't something she wanted, especially not from strangers. "It's a pretty nice place to live  I guess. It's got its share of problems though. But that's why we're Huntresses now, right?" She asked,spinning as she said Huntresses aloud. She couldn't remember being happier in a long time.

An ear twitched a bit when Veta heard Liona express that meeting a human would have been awkward. "Oh! Are you uncomfortable around humans?" she asked in a sympathetic tone. Veta didn't hold anything against humans as a whole, but she had to admit they made her a little uneasy until she spoke to them and found out which type of human they were. She knew there were bad Faunus too, but they didn't exactly decide she was bad because of her race... what with them being the same and all. Sometimes she disguised herself to save trouble, but she obviously hadn't today. Her large black cat-like ears poked out of her hair and were plainly visible.

7A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Well it seemed that this Veta was indeed from Bellmuse, at least she had been there longer than Liona had. Liona just moved here for Syne, so it was nice to meet one of the locals. Of course, The blonde was sure that she would make plenty of friends... or at least she sure hoped she did. Veta expressed that the island Kingdom was a nice place to live, and so far Liona could agree. She liked the environment. Of course, as Veta said, there were always problems. "Well, I heard that they built the school specifically to counter the Grimm running around here, so yeah hopefully we can get rid of the problems as Bellmuse's First generation of Hunters."

Veta was looking progressively more excited as the conversation progressed, even spinning around some in happiness. Of course, Liona's comment about the humans might have killed the mood some, but the Blonde Faunus hoped not. Still, when Veta asked, she didn't want to kill it even more. "Uneasy is one way to put it. I just hate that they discriminate us for barely a real reason. Oh well, that's just how it goes right? Maybe the humans that go here will be good." Liona highly doubted it, but optimism was important, or so she had been told.

8A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta had wholeheartedly agreed with Liona's idea of getting rid of the Grimm and helping everyone. She nodded her head enthusiastically, though the human comment came up before she had said anything. "Uneasy is one way to put it. I just hate that they discriminate us for barely a real reason. Oh well, that's just how it goes right? Maybe the humans that go here will be good." Veta nodded in understanding. She'd been around plenty of Faunus with an outlook like Liona's. The humans who did these things were the worst of the worst, possibly as bad as the Grimm. Even Veta would have told someone that. "There's good humans. I know there are." Veta contributed in an attempt to help Liona feel more confident. "When I was little, a human boy saved me from a group of bullies. I'm sure he can't be the only good human. Right?"

It had been an event that had left a lasting impression on Veta. She honestly didn't know many humans. They still made her nervous just like a lot of Faunus. But she just knew there were more people out there like that boy. There had to be. Especially if they had the courage to become Hunters and Huntresses too. "Either way! I'm sure we'll have each other as friends." Veta was automatically fidgeting a bit the way she did to get a little more attention from people. She wasn't actually trying to, but the fact that she was randomly balancing on one leg during a conversation was probably noticeable.

It didn't immediately occur to Veta that Liona might not like the idea of making friends so quickly. Veta didn't always, but this seemed like a special occasion. "So!" the pink-haired Faunus snapped back to a more attentive state. "If I got here early then why are you here already? Did you remember wrong too?"

9A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Veta didn't seem to have the same view of humans as Liona did, which was entirely possible as Her own Mother didn't share her distrust of the race, though she had the most reason to. Still, When Veta told her about the human boy that had saved her, and that he couldn't be the only good human, Lio had her doubts about whether or not he was a good human at all. Sure, the might seem nice at fist, but that didn't keep them from changing. Her mind had no choice but to drift to memories of her father for a brief moment.

Of course, her mind was snapped back to reality as Veta began to speak again, Hoping that the two Faunus could be friends. Liona smiled at that. A friend made on the first day? No, school had yet to even begin yet. This had to be a good omen for what the rest of their time here would be like. "Sure! I would Love to have my first friend of Bellmuse be one of my classmates." Was this just incredible luck? She didn't have that many friends on Vale, choosing not to talk to that many people (mostly because they were almost all human and bullies.) This little piece of light was nice.

However, that sort of went down the tubes with a simple question. "If I got here early then why are you here already? Did you remember wrong too?" Liona's mind froze, unable to answer the question for a moment. This was the one inquiry that she did not want to hear. How was she gonna answer it? She couldn't say that her Mother let her in... after a moment of hesitation Liona spoke. "Well, I Kinda just wanted to see what the school would be like without so many people walking around." This was true, but she left out the bit about her working mom.

10A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta was overjoyed to hear she'd mad a friend already, even though she'd been the one to assume so. The pink-haired girl's ears flipped slightly at the confirmation, and despite the other's sudden awkwardness Veta beamed. She'd had friends, sure. But even here in Bellmuse it was hard to make non-faunus friends, and the majority of people were human. Plus, it meant she would have someone she was sure would want to talk to her later. Which was nice.

"Oh! So you got here early on purpose then?" She asked. "Wow. I bet you'll never be late to class if you want to arrive a whole day early, huh?" she chuckled. It was a joke, of course, but she wouldn't have been surprised if it were true. Veta scratched one of her ebony cat ears as she chuckled to herself. "So! Well since we're both friends who are here early do you want to do something? We could finish exploring places or meet some teachers or whatever. I bet that'd be fun." Another twirl. She was glad she'd made the mistake of getting here early. Who knew if she would have had a chance to talk to Liona when everyone else was running around?

Of course, it was probably also fortunate for Liona that no one else was around when they'd met. She might have gotten a worse impression if there had been others for Veta to greet as well. After all, she was rather good at drawing attention to herself through her strange antics, even if she wasn't fully aware she was doing it a lot of the time.

11A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:10 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Veta was so incredibly bubbly, it was like she was the very personification of happiness, bouncing and twirling around. Luckily for the blonde, she did not question Liona much further as to why she had been at school a day early. Instead, she actually made a joke saying that Lio would never be late to class if she was willing to school a whole day before it started. This comment got a giggle out of Liona. "Ha, well that's one way to look at it I suppose. Obviously I think that punctuality is important. Learn more stuff that way, like how the school looks when it's virtually empty."

Veta seemed to get a kick out of her own comment as well, though when she finished laughing she asked a completely different question. She wondered if Liona wanted to finish exploring or meet the teachers or something. Shouldn't hurt as long as we stay away from Mom's office. Liona needed to stop worrying so much about it. There were plenty of other places to explore, the academy was built like a large castle, after all. She nodded to the happy little faunus. "Sounds fun! What do you suggest we do first?"

12A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta stopped for a moment to decide, since she was being made to do so. She would have happily gone along with whatever Liona had decided. "Well we're already here. We can see whatever there is to see right? I bet there's rooms and teachers to meet both all around this close to opening, huh?" She flipped around, dramatically pointing down the opposite end of the hallway. "Well what are we waiting for? Onward!" She could have taken off faster. In fact her enthusiasm said she wanted to. but it appeared she had learned her lesson almost bowling over poor Liona. An ear twitched to the side as she walked at a casual pace, scanning the area.

"Oh! This one!" A seemingly arbitrary door had caught her attention, and she strolled over and threw it open. It turned out to be a storage closet. "... Well I guess that makes that one explored!" She chuckled, obviously a bit embarrassed to have picked the one door that didn't open into a classroom. "So uh... I guess that makes it your turn, huh?" She rubbed her arm again, this time because of her blunder rather than pain. Embarrassed or not, Veta was the type to roll with the punches. It was something she'd learned in recent years to keep her positive attitude up amid all of the hardships.

13A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Veta seemed to think for a moment, before basically deciding that they should just check random rooms and see what they find or who they meet. Not a bad idea since neither of them really knew what this building had to offer. She pointed a finger down the hall in the most dramatic way possible, sure sign of a fun person as if it wasn't clear already.  The two traveled down the hall together until they reached a random door that The pink haired girl seemed to find interesting. Of course, the contents of the room weren't very interesting at all.

Yeah, they opened the random door and found a super amazing... Storage Closet. Out of all the rooms in the entire castle, Veta chooses the Storage closet. Liona couldn't hold back a giggle, eventually turning into a laugh when she heard Veta chuckle. "Well done Explorer Hunter." She joked. Veta then suggested that Lion choose the next room. Liona nodded, then looked around to decide what direction she wanted to go. She saw a staircase about 7 or so meters away, and decided that maybe they should check another floor.So she lead the two up stairs to explore there.

The second floor looked about the same as the first, lined with class rooms and all. Liona picked a random door, opening it slowly. The room was dark, he lights had not been turned on yet, and the walls were lined with many Dust crystals of all different sizes. It was clearly some sort of lecture hall, so she didn't doubt she would be seeing this room in the future. "A classroom for the art of Dust slinging? That should be fun." Liona knew how to use a weak type of Fire dust, and it was pretty fun.[/color][/color]

14A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
"Well done Explorer Hunter," Liona teased. Veta's ear twitched  again in embarrassment as she continued to chuckle. "Hey, I bet I sniffed out the only room that wasn't a regular one," she grinned. "There's got to be something impressive about that right?" She shrugged as if in answer to her own question, then followed Liona down the hallway, and eventually down the stairs. She couldn't help but think that despite her bad luck, she was having a great time already, and school hadn't even started yet. The thought caused the pink-haired teen to grin as she followed Liona.

They finally entered a dark room, though that wasn't a problem for the pair of Faunus, obviously. "Dust, huh? I've never used it before." she admitted, walking up to the shelf and leaning over with her hands behind her back as she pushed her face close to the bottles. At least she wasn't touching them. Yet.

Sure enough, they were labeled for their types of dust inside. "Well we've got to learn somewhere, right?" she asked, finally reaching over and picking up one of the bottles of Dust, holding it up to the window to see through the bottle better. "This class is going to be great!" she exclaimed excitedly.

At almost that exact moment, a slightly older man pushed the door open with his back. In his arms were even more bottles of Dust. "I thought I heard someone in here! What are you doing?" The man turned on the light. It was obvious he was human. And probably the professor who owned this classroom. His voice was slightly concerned, but more curious from the sound of it. Veta had been rather absorbed in the bottle she was holding, and jumped in surprise. It took her two tries to catch the bottle as she dropped it, but at least she hadn't dropped it. Her ears fell to the sides as she turned around quickly, a large goofy grin on her face. "Oh! Sorry sir. We were just exploring. Heheh."

15A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Now, Veta had a point. She probably found the only different room on the first floor, they didn't know. It was unclear now if this perceived mishap was skillful or just hilariously lucky. Still, it was really just a supply closet so they moved on anyway. It seemed like the better option at the time, because what are they gonna do with a supply closet? Mop the floor? Steal some pens? Nah, somehow that just did not seem like a practical way to spend their time. So instead they went up to the second floor where they found the Dust room.

She could see fine in the dark, her feline eyes equipped with natural night vision, so Liona saw no reason to turn on the light in the room behind Veta as she entered to look at all of the Dust. She mentioned that she had never used Dust before. "Oh, I know how to use it a little, not too Hard for the most part though I assume the more advanced types would be more complicated." Liona really only know about Fire.

Suddenly, the already cracked open door opened more and a human man walked in with more dust, slightly upset that there were two random students in his room a whole day before classes started. Well, maybe not so much upset as he was simply confused. Understandable, since her probably wasn't expecting the Faunus there. Liona wondered if he was one of those humans that trapped the Faunus in a bad light. Thinking about it, it probably didn't look good for the girls if he was. A couple of unauthorized Faunus in a dark room full of Dust? Yeah, that wouldn't quite help their case. Especially since one of them was actually holding one of the Dust crystals.

Still, Liona did her best to keep her cool, ears alert, as Veta laughed nervously and gave the man an answer. She told him the truth, and why shouldn't she? They had yet to do anything wrong. "It's as my friend said, We were just exploring the building a bit, without the large amount of students and staff crowding the halls." The girls had done their part, but would the human go along with it?

16A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Now that the man had turned around, his heavy grey eyebrows and mustache were clearly visible. It was almost comical along with his portly build, but even Veta knew better than to laugh right then. One of the eyebrows raised to reveal a serious-looking eye. "I see. Well you shouldn't be handling that dust without permission." He told Veta, looking at her pointedly. She quickly shrank back and put the dust where it belonged, though in her haste she came close to knocking off another crystal. Or two. She saved them as well when she fell over trying to save them and they landed softly on top of her instead of hitting the ground and exploding.

She groaned loudly. It wasn't that she was that clumsy... she just kept getting into too much of a hurry. Which was usually her problem when she was nervous. This human man made her nervous. "Sorry!" She said quickly, picking up the Dust and trying to put it back where it went again.

"Young lady, please stop touching things..." The man had clapped a palm to his horehead, clearly embarrased *for* Veta. Veta got up quickly, scooting away from the dust and closer to Liona. "Sorry again! I won't touch anymore I promise! Unless it's for class. And I'll be more careful then!"

The man's eyebrow slowly lowered, which gave him a more stern look. "So you two young women are going to be students here, hmm?" It was hard to say what his tone meant.  But from Veta's body language it was clear she was a bit intimidated. And actually embarrassed for once. "Yessir." Veta said quickly, nodding her affirmative. Was he going to be mean or nice? Veta cringed, expecting to be yelled at. Had it been something she could stand up to it would have been different. But this was a teacher and she was a student who had snuck into his classroom. She felt like she had no choice but to take whatever he was about to dish out.

Wait. Was that a smile under the mustache? "Two young huntresses already eager to see what they can learn." He had a rather impressed tone now. "Well, accidents aside, I'm proud we have two such dedicated students." He looked at each of them in turn, then smiled. He hadn't even commented on the fact that they weren't human as well, which hadn't escaped Veta's notice. "You can call me Professor Grashkil," he introduced himself finally.

17A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The human man's gazed turned to Veta, who was still holding the crystal. He prompted her to put it down, which caused the poor girl so start dropping even more of the dust. Liona was speedy, it was in her aura, and she reacted in time to catch one of the dust crystals with the other one falling safely on Veta's back. The man face palmed, obviously not getting the best first impression. Liona held out a hand to help her new friend up before the pink haired Faunus began to put all of the crystals back in their place.

After things seemed to calm down a Veta removed herself from the area of the Dust, The Human seemed to change his expression from worry and embarrassment to... a smile? He asked if they were students at Syne, and he seemed happy that they were so eager. Liona slightly squinted at the man. He was clearly a professor, his words confirmed it, so the blonde would not try to disrespect him or anything. Still, he was human so she would be cautious at all times. "You may call me Professor Grashkil." A name and the final confirmation that he indeed worked here. Well, might as well pretend to be polite.

"Liona Mimiko." She nodded as she said her name, her eyes forever locked on to the Human man. maybe her distrust was a bit much, this professor did work for a Faunus, after all, Of course the headmaster had been told not to reveal that bit to too many people so that she would be taken more seriously, so it was entirely possible that Grashkil believed that Liona's mother was Human. The proud you Faunus found this stipulation t be disgusting. Why hide who you are? Of course she guessed she understood the logic behind it.

18A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
"And I'm Veta. Veta Hunter. That's my actual last name by the way." she felt the need to explain with that same goofy grin. She scratched her ear and fidgeted slightly, unable to stay completely still. This man confused her. Why was he so nice? Of course, despite all of the mean humans she expected that of everyone, but she'd just almost broken a bunch of his Dust stuff, right? "Pleased to meet you." she said with a slight bow. It was obvious that despite her confusion she was more trusting than Liona.

Professor Grashkil smiled more widely, setting his bag of Dust down on his desk. He let out a small but audible chuckle. "There's no need to be nervous, girls." He was probably saying it more for Veta, since she was the more jabbery, fidgety one. But he didn't call her out specifically for it. Ironically she was the less nervous of the two, now that the Dust incident had settled. "No harm done."

Veta was more perplexed now. He had to be the first person she could remember that didn't comment on their different races. She grinned through her confusion, however, and nodded. "Thank you, sir. We'll ah, we'll just get out of your way." she decided. "Now, if you girls don't mind," came the man's reply as he started going through his bag. "If you can be more careful than before, I could use help organizing this Dust for tomorrow. I'm afraid these old bones don't like me bending over and over again to put it on the proper shelves."

Blink. Veta looked over at Liona, her mouth twisted into a confused expression as her ears went back and forth between Liona and the Professor. She shrugged. "If Liona has time, I don't mind." she answered after a moment.

19A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Apprearance:

Eli wandered the halls of Syne academy randomly, really just letting her feet take her where they wanted to go. Her mind was currently occupied with thoughts of her family. Every time she tried to think of that night her mind drew a blank. She had forgotten the events of that night, which is bad. Since she is the only one who would know what had happened to her family, and she worried about them. Especially her older sister.

She somehow ended up walking into one of the classrooms while she was thinking. She snapped out of her thoughts to look about confused. She was in one of the classrooms that taught students about using dust. She wasn't alone either. Professor Grashkil was in the room, along with two girls Eli hadn't seen before. They must be new students. In all honesty Eli was too. But she was adopted by a teacher and enrolled here, and had to meet all the other teachers at the academy as well. The professor looked over at her and smiled. "Ahh, Eliara, nice to see you! We were just about to start organizing the dust here, would you like to help?" Eli thought for a moment. She needed something to do anyways. It did no use dwelling on things while she was at school anyways. She can do that at home. She smiled warmly at the professor and the two girls. "Sure Professor Grashkil."

Eli walked more into the classroom to help out. She then looked over the two girls again. Now that she was closer she noticed they were both Faunuses. Not that that mattered, Human, Faunus, any other undiscovered intelligent species. People were people. One was golden haired with blazing blue eyes and a pair of cute black cat ears. The other had a beautiful scarlet tinge to her hair with larger ears than the girl next to her, and a pair of deep blue eyes. Eli thought it was safe to think they were both adorable. She smiled again and curtsied to the girls. "I don't think we've met before. I'm Eliara Caithe, though you can call me Eli if you want. Pleased to meet you both! How are you finding Syne Academy?"

20A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 pm

Gisen Ceostra

Gisen Ceostra
A bit of exploration (Open) Akali-10

Gisen let out a stretch as she had been lying against a wall in an under construction class room. The classroom was on a the lower east side, a floor under the school where really nobody but cutters had gone, but it was a day where new students could roam around the school and get familiar, or maybe just her -who knows. She wasn't too observant to be brutally honest, she just wanted to scope out the nice quiet places to sleep around if she was bored of being in class. Honestly, starting literal education was a bit overwhelming for her to be honest, a bit of a the butterflies really, but nothing too serious. A small case of the jitters wouldn't really affect her ability to focus on anything, but she had hoped that it would end up being easier to cope with the loud noises of other students chatter, though her hopes weren't high in any which way possible.

Another thing she had needed to get was the uniform, or to even get the information if she needed one. Still, she had gone in the garb which she had been accustomed to wearing. A green top of a rather odd wear, covering more of her front than her back. A strap had gonr up her mid section from a large sash tied around her back, up between the outside of her breasts, where it met another band that reached around her back. A pair of shoulder pieces, vambraces, and greaves were worn on her body, everything mentioned being in a green and silver color. A headband in the same colors, as well as a mask were covering a good portion of her face, but she had taken it off from time to time, mostly if she were around others. Her black hair was tied into a pony tail, wrapped by the back of her head tightly with a green cloth as well as towards the ends. her Dual set of Kama's sat on her lap as she lightly dozed off, napping momentarily while she had some alone time.

However the nap ceased when voices had come by. They passed hear and there, and chances were she could end up getting caught if she had stayed. The assassin jumped up, bouncing her Kama's into the air only to catch them once she had swayed her body to land on her feet, and she snuck out of the room and walked around, letting out a small yawn. She wondered what some places were like; maybe if they had a gym or a training room to gt herself in some exercise. She came by, hearing more voices around, though they were few in number. There she had seen a smaller child walking about enter the room. Her silver hair had left a small but noticable mark of which room exactly she entered, and the girl had simply walked by a couple others. She set her Kama'a in two loops on either side of her waist to hold them and walked to the front of the room. There an older man, as well as two other girls stood with the silver haired one. She looked up, and blushed slightly at the sight of the cat ears, and quickly shook it off and cleared her throat. She quickly slipped a finger under the mask over her nose and mouth and pulled it down to rest at her neck and smiled a little. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I'm just a little lost is all. It's my first day here." She laughed a little, rubbing the back of her neck a little. "Do any of you mind me staying and watching by chance?" She asked, looking to all 4 of the other people around her.

21A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:54 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Veta went on with her introduction, much more polite and respectful than Liona had been. The blonde was partly surprised by the younger Faunus's acceptance, though she already knew from previous conversation that Veta still had a bit of faith in humanity. When Professor Grashkil commented on the girls' nervousness, Liona thought a little bit. Did she seem nervous? She felt more cautious than anything. Maybe he was reffering to Veta? But even so, she had calmed down some after the dust fiasco. Well, it didn't matter. What mattered was the future, and the future seemed to hold... Chores. Grashkil asked the girls if they would like to help organize the dust. Liona felt Veta's gaze, but she refused to let her sight be removed from the human. So instead, she shrugged, not wanting to actually say no to a teacher, and let Veta give him a more verbal acceptance.

Of course, before they could even actually do anything, another girl— a human girl— waltzed into the room at first dazed, but then her expression quickly changed to that of confusion. Such an emotion was only broken when Professor Grashkil greeted her. It seemed like they knew each other prior to this encounter. As such, Grashkil decided to invite the girl, whom he had called Eliara, to help out with the dust organizing. This prompted her to enter the room some more, officially introducing herself as Eliara Caithe, though she insisted on being called Eli. Despite her warm smile and polite curtsy, Liona was neither impressed nor convinced in the kindness of humans, or lack thereof. She frowned and turned away from Eli, picking up a dust crystal to put away.

Because of this, The blonde Faunus was unaware when yet another human walked in, and only noticed her when she cleared her throat, essentially apologizing for any interruptions. It seemed that Liona was definitely not the only one to have come early to explore, or whatever reason the others had for being here. She really only knew Veta's reason. The Black haired human asked if she would be permitted to watch, which Liona just found to be rediculous. She faced her, and crossed her arms in front of her, leaning into her right leg. "You want to watch us organize Dust?" The female humans were confirmed to be students, and therefore Liona had no reason to feign respect.

22A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:13 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta had just started to grab some Dust to organize when the first human girl popped in. Once again she was uncomfortable, but her friendly nature quickly put the pink-haired faunus at ease, though she could tell just from looking that Liona was nowhere near as accepting. Maybe she should have said they were busy. She looked over at her one faunus companion and made a 'sorry' face before addressing Eli. "My name's Veta," she introduced again, fortunately about the time she saw the other girl sneak in. Three humans now? What did humans come in packs and she wasn't told this? Well now that she thought of it she supposed they did. Especially when they wanted to cause trouble. Which is what Liona seemed to be afraid of. She scooted away from Liona so that they'd pay more attention to Veta, subtly giving the more apprehensive faunus breathing room.

She held out a hand to Eli. "I guess we'll be classmates too, huh?" she asked, holding out a hand to shake again, though she didn't ask for friendship like she had Liona. She had enough common sense not to insult a new friend by insisting every new person she met should be her friend. at least at first. One of her ears twitched again as the black-haired human girl asked if she could watch them work. "You could help us. Then we'd all get it done faster, right?" She insisted.

Professor Grashkil seemed to have the same idea. "Why yes! That's a splended idea. You four students can work together and be done in no time!" he chuckled, still sitting at his desk. He either didn't notice Liona's reaction or he simply didn't see the need to step in when nothing was going on.

Last edited by Veta Hunter on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

23A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:43 am

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
The blonde faunus didn't even bother to respond to Eli. Instead turning and starting to put away the dust crystals. Which was okay she guessed. Obviously some of them wouldn't be okay with humans after we as a species acted like a bunch of pricks. But, really you should judge people by the person, not the species. Or so Eli believed. Obviously this girl didn't follow the same line of thought. Still... a name would've been nice.

The other girl introduced herself as Veta. Eli smiled and nodded at Veta. Then another girl entered the room behind them. Veta asked if they were going to be classmates and held out her hand to shake. Eli smiled and took her hand, shaking it rather enthusiastically. Happy that at least one person here was being friendly. "Yup~! I just got here myself too. One of the teachers was kind enough to adopt me into their household so, here I am! I hope we can all get along splendidly." Eli said, directing that last part to the faunus girl ignoring her as well. Then she let go of Veta's hand and started to help organize the dust. She wasn't quite as skilled on dust as she was with weapons and gadgetry, but she knew a bit about it. And could put the crystals and vials in the right places.

The raven haired girl behind them asked if she could watch. Which the golden haired girl quickly spun around and took an aggressive stance and harshly asked her if she wanted to watch them organize dust. Eli looked at the girl, her face a neutral mask "Are you this cold to everyone you meet?" Then Veta suggested the new girl help. Which Professor Grashkil thought was a fantastic idea. Likely he was happy that so many students were willing to help him out. Eli looked at the new girl and beamed as well. "Any help would be appreciated. Though if you just want to hang out that is cool too. I don't mind if you do. Whether everyone else does or not is up to them."

24A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
"Are you this cold to everyone you meet?" This was the irritated question given to Liona by the silver haired human, Eliara. A sarcastic smile grew of the blonde's face as she answered her. "Only the select, Special ones." Liona was only nice to the people who had her respect. The entire human race had killed such a respect. Between the history, the ridicule, the predjudice, and her coward of a father, he just could not get her self to believe that humans can be good. She resented her human side, the man who gave it to her, and the race that he was a part of.

With a huff, he turned back round to continue putting the Dust an their places, the clang of the crystals and vials against the metal shelving sounding with every one she set down.
"Any help would be appreciated. Though if you just want to hang out that is cool too. I don't mind if you do. Whether everyone else does or not is up to them."
Why did Liona feel like that last sentence was directed at her?

25A bit of exploration (Open) Empty Re: A bit of exploration (Open) Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Liona was certainly being hostile towards the new girl. And the new girl wasn't taking it very well either. Uh oh. Veta glanced over at the professor, only to find out that he had his head buried in some sort of notes for the next class or something on the other side of the large room. He wasn't paying much attention. Or was pretending not to for some reason. "Careful, Liona... those are fragile, remember?" she insisted, scooting closer and talking to her friend in a hushed voice. She didn't want her friend to get yelled at by the professor when he looked up. Or to explode. Both of those options were undesirable to the pink-haired faunus. She looked between Eli and Liona again, the other human girl forgotten. On the one hand... Liona was her friend as well as a fellow faunus. On the other... she was the one who started the hostilities...

but she supposed the person who started them weren't important. She talked mostly to Liona at this point, in hopes of calming her down. "Rember there's a teacher right over there..." she pleaded, not wanting her friend to do anything she would regret, if only because it got her in trouble. She was pretty sure Eli was just reacting to the hostility, or she would have said more to her as well.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum