You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to the masquerade...wait, wrong title..... ah, You're gonna go far kid

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ruin

Ruin
Ruin was rather uncomfortable. It didn't help that he was in a bullhead with a small army ready to beat him down if he tried anything even though his bone arm was gone, the place where it was supposed to be capped by a heavy plate to which his right hand was cuffed, "One would think that the many of you fear me." His voice wasn't exactly flat, it lacked tone but had interesting inflection.

The strange twist of fate that led him to this point also seemed to match his apparent being. A brawl that got out of hand and nearly resulted in several deaths. Probably why the Bellmuse Guardsmen were being extra careful with their charge. When Ruin had been given a choice, he quickly decided being in a cell block with real criminals wasn't going to be helpful to his quest. As such, he opted for becoming a huntsman. Had he known that they would break off his arm, lock him up tighter than the secret harem in the basement of the castle that was secretly where the lizard people living in the center of Remnant ruled the stars (Old Zediciah swore on the holy texts that was all true). Oh, and be in the air, he would've reconsidered.

The ship landed without incident and his restraints were taken off, his sword handed to him, and he was unceremoniously shoved out the back hatch, "Don't start no shit now kid." The ship flew away as Ruin felt his arm regrow. A painful process to be sure. He put his sword on his back as bone plates shifted to form a sheath and hold it there.

By then, his arm had regrown and the newly inducted huntsman in training looked at the academy in awe.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Akio hadn’t been in Bellmuse long, he doubted his home village missed him at all, not that he cared about that. Right now this was an interesting chance, maybe he’d even find someone half as great as himself. Or perhaps that was simply wishful thinking. The blonde haired teen hadn’t missed the looks he got from people in town, though it was more “somebody make sure this delinquent doesn’t take anything” rather than the looks he was used to.

Akio grinned at that, he could work with that, it was kind of funny how the stupid old men tried to watch him in their stores, as though they could really stop him if he tried to take what he wanted. For now though he was mostly just hanging around the academy grounds, looking for some way to entertain himself. The sight of the guy getting shoved out of an airship, and handed a sword, was interesting.

Akio, sat up from where he’d been laying on a bunch, jumping to a standing position on the bench rather than the ground, so that he’d still be looking down on the guy despite the stranger being taller than Akio himself was. As the airship flew off, Akio called out to the guy. “Hey, you, wirh the weird hair." Akio's hand went to his headset, adjusting it, but not removing it from it's place over his ears. "you look interesting, what’re ya in for?”

Ruin

Ruin
Ruin looked up at the boy in surprise. A quick glance down showed a bench under his feet, So that's how he is tall. He looked back at this strange person who seemed to be compensating for something, "I had gotten into a fight. During the course of which I had nearly slain several people on accident."

Ruin motioned to the bench, "I was not aware they made these for standing as well as sitting." He sat on it and crossed his legs under him as his hands cupped in front of him in a smooth, single movement that had been practiced for years, "Perchance I ask of you whether there are interesting stories to tell?" He pulled out a pen and notebook, ready to record anything that might later be useful or interesting.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
“Sounds like a fun party to me.” Akio remarked, grinning despite himself. Almost still meant that nobody had died, and if this guy could do that, maybe he’d actually be somewhat interesting. The guy seemed more than a bit unusual considering his near lack of reaction to him, Akio jumped down off the bench just as the other guy sat down. Though the guy’s next action only seemed more interesting, asking for stories, and apparently actually ready to take notes. Akio would have been happy to boast except, he hadn’t really had many actually interesting stories.

After all despite how great he was, most of his life had been spent in his village, and while he had a few interesting experiences there wasn’t much that was really worth talking about. “Nah, I don’t really need to, prefer to let people learn from experience.” Akio responded, rather than admitting to not having any interesting adventures yet to tell about. “You know, you’re a bit of a weirdo, all that bulk taking energy from your brain?” He taunted, wondering if he could provoke the guy.

After all a fight could be interesting right now, and Akio had nothing better to do. Besides the guy's overt muscle mass compared to Akio's own made him wanna test how strong this guy really was.

Ruin

Ruin
Ruin smirked, "Actually, I'm an acolyte. It's my duty to collect and preserve knowledge for future generations as well as hide away the more... dangerous aspects of such knowledge." He mentally frowned as he recalled one of several bits of lore that spoke of the moon breaking. What had made this one stand out was that unlike the other stories, where a deific being shattered it either in rage or judgement or even just because, it had been a weapon creates by man. Ruin had lost weeks of sleep at the thought that such a weapon might still exist and had used it as the basis for his Seeking.

Ruin, being himself, had completely missed the taunt going over his head. Although, now he was curious if this guy was a capable fighter. Surely there would be somewhere they could spar for a bit, "Do they allow us to spar whenever we feel like or is that limited to certain times?" He put his notebook away and stood up, popping his joints.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Akio found that interesting…Acolyte hinted this guy was some kind of weirdo the real question was what type of order he was an acolyte for, not that it mattered anyways. Akio didn’t put much stalk in superstitious nonsense, after all if he did, then he’d have to believe he’d bring nothing but calamity to those around him. “Dangerous info sounds like it’d be worth knowing.” Akio remarked, he thought that it was stupid to try to safeguard anything like that, how could you stop something being misused if you didn’t understand it. Akio scoffed at the notion before being distracted by the guy’s question.

In response he smirked, wondering how strong this guy could really be, or if all that bulk was just for show. “Think there were some rules about it somewhere, does it matter?” Akio remarked. “If your looking for a spar though, I could take you on.”

Ruin

Ruin
Ruin had a haunted look as Akio made his comment about dangerous information being worth knowing, "trust me. Some of the things in our vault have turned people's hair white. And that's just the stuff that's open to acolytes." He suspected that the order allowed them to look at that kind of stuff for the sole purpose of testing them. Now that he thought of it, quite a few people dropped out after visiting the vault for the first time.

His eyes snapped back to the present, and he smiled at the challenge, "well, I am seeking to gauge myself against others at this institute. Lead they way, friend" He would follow Akio and study the buildings around them. There were various stories about the place that was now Syne and he was impressed with the architecture that stood over them. This was one of the oldest buildings in Bellmuse. Not to brag but Ruin was convinced that the Temple was older. Anyways, he looked back at his companion, "how long have you been here?"

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
“Sounds fun, might have to crash that party some time.” Akio said, in reference to these ‘vaults’ the guy was talking about. If anything else, it might not be a total bore, and Akio figured he could use a bit of entertainment, maybe these acolyte guys would actually put up an interesting fight too, he’d have to see if the one he was talking to was worth fighting first though. The prospect of the upcoming fight was a much more interesting one for now though, the delinquent figured it’d be a hassle to go all the way to the training area, instead leading the two of them to a largish clearing that was occasionally used as a sports field by some students or something. “Ain’t been here too long, didn’t bother keeping track.” He answered easily.

It was clear enough that they probably wouldn’t do too much damage, unless he knocked the guy through one of the buildings or something, but that probably wouldn’t happen. “Don’t think anyone’ll mind if we fight here, taking it all the way to the arena’d be a pain.” Akio commented, maintaining his laid back attitude. He walked over to a spot in the field before turning to face his opponent. Not precisely in what most would consider a stance. Hands in his pocket, and seemingly casually standing there. One with more knowledge on fighters might note that it was primarily a deception however, his legs were positioned in such a way to allow not only kicks or dodges, but to be able to easily pivot away from attacks if necessary. It wasn’t exactly a proper stance, but not exactly unprepared either. For Akio the false ease was more meant for goading, making his opponent underestimate him so he could take advantage of their sloppiness. A cocky smirk adorned his face as he addressed his opponent.

"So you planning to fight anytime soon?"

Ruin

Ruin
Ruin wondered if this person was sane. Akio clearly had little to no sense of self preservation if he wanted to dick with dark secrets, that was on him. Following the strange man to the field, Ruin drew his massive sword and made some practice one handed swings.

He made a quick once over on Akio. His opponent's stamce, while not the best, was probably misleading. If Ruin had to guess, the guy was probably the scrapper type. He would have to focus on not losing his sword unless he wanted to fight at a major disadvantage.

Ruin took up his his stance, low to the ground, bone arm out with his palm facing Akio. And his sword pointed forward, "I'm ready." He dashed forward and made a powerful swing that would crater the ground. If Akio dodged left, he would followup by grabbing at him. If Akio dodged right, Ruin would spin and attempt to clothesline him. His followup attack would be a horizontal slash.

(Sword attack- 35 damage before defense)
(Arm attack- 25 damage before defense)
(Sword attack- 35 damage before defense)

150 hp
150 sp

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum