You are not connected. Please login or register

When Aqua Met Flora (Closed/Richard+Maddison)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
If Richard had to pick a favourite season, it certainly wouldn't be Summer. What were usually his favourite, quiet, spots became quite the opposite. The sun was in the sky and the forrest full of life, not the plant and animal life he so enjoyed observing, but people... far too many people. Throughout the forest men, women, children, faunus and human alike were enjoying the scenery and trampling over hallowed ground. He hadn't heard birdsong in a good few hours... granted, he hadn't been awake for a good few hours either but the point still stood. While the forrest filled with people, the animals made their exit. Richard found people's migration from the city was far more troublesome than a roaming herd of deer or even a rogue bear.

The short man was sat beneath a thick oak tree in his usual garb, just off the beaten path which lead through the forrest, from bottom to top he wore; thick black climbing boots, baggy grey-white pants, a matching coloured and textured long sleeved shirt, a darker grey jumper in the style of a tank top with slits as it reached down either leg and perhaps the most bizarre hat in all of Bellmuse. A tattered and messy thing, it looked like a combination of a sports cap and a turban. This was however leaving out the most important part of his clothing, despite the summer heat he wore a thin yet wide scarf; under which a bandoleer had been placed to house his various forms of weaponry. Naturally hidden from sight but within arm's reach at all times, should Grimm or otherwise perturb him.

The bear-faunus dragged a hand across his unshaven chin, scratching with a yawn as he fully reawakened. Hazel-red eyes scanned the cobble road before him, ears twitched at the sounds of families elsewhere in the forrest; children laughing and playing. He thought it a liability to have so many out here at this time, if something went wrong with one family it could lead to the destruction of others. Fear bread further fear after all. Hopping to his feet before leaning back into the tree's shade he reached into his pocket, drawing from it a packet of gum; coffee flavoured and bitter as it came. Popping the stick in his mouth he began to chew, continuing to survey his surroundings through both the use of sight and (more predominantly) hearing. While he didn't have the ears, thus enhanced hearing, of other faunus he was fairly certain he would be able to hear a scream or cry for help... not that he particularly cared to defend people so dumb as to wonder into the wild. Far from it, he'd avoid people and helping them wherever he could (so he told himself) but when things went wrong there were rewards to be gained and favours to be earned. Besides, a ruined picnic meant an abandoned picnic basket; such was common sense. All was fair when it came to free food; especially if he had to deal with the grimm that lead to it.

Ceasing in his chewing, only for a moment, he found himself wondering what he had last eaten. He was certain it had been a while... how long had he been in the forrest? He was quite sure he hadn't slept here overnight like some other times, though he had arrived early in the morning. Perhaps just twelve hours? It was longer than he'd like though certainly. He figured it would be wise to go fishing later, if the hunger hit too hard perhaps he'd even just go out for seafood. He could go for some fried haddock, fish and chips... maybe even some calamari right now. With that sweet yet spicy sauce. It was a shame he was so stuck for funds but being lazy left him without suitable employment. Deep in thought he almost looked to be glowering at passersby as they walked the cobbled path.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Finally, the majestic blue forest of Finnek, where everything from the wood of the tree to their leaves seemed to be in different hues of blues. Even the dirt that covered the ground under every step she took was blue, probably due to all those years that leaves would die on winter ending up coloring the dirt itself. Madis was happily roaming around the woods, by herself once again as scouts wouldn't be able to share in any way the beauty of this area with enough breathtaking details to make any report worthwhile. No wonder that the academy of Syne was built somewhere around these parts, the view had to be the best of all the island! Such a shame that one day all of it would be gone, but sacrifices have to be made sometimes.
Garbed in Black black booty shorts and a plain good old white t-shirt, the squid lady was skipping around the trees, crossing path with other people spending good times in the woods that apparently weren't unknown to Grimm attacks. For the people to be this carefree either they felt safe being not too far form the academy of huntsmen or they were stupid enough to think nothing could happen to them. That kind of thing only happen to others after all, but you're someone's "other" so who knows. This wasn't the kind of danger that would scare the young woman though as a little fight against those creatures could sometimes be fun and thrilling and nothing beats a surprise fun activity.
Following a beaten path across the trees that seemed to follow a small river, Madis began to sing softly to herself as she felt that she was far enough from the people she had seen earlier. She wasn't singing anything in particular, just a succession of notes that were crossing her mind as she walked. Beside her purple-ish skin that was rather matching with the surrounding background, the girl probably looked as ordinary as any other person someone could meet out there in the woods. She wondered if anything interesting would happen today as so far everyday has been met with some kind of unexpected excitement and hopefully this would continue.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Still immersed in his food based self-quandery it took the appearance of what was best described as a lilac-white woman coupled with some light singing. With the exception of her clothes she appeared to consist entirely of pink, in her hair and eyes, and purple hues? Richard found himself blinking for a moment, to be especially certain that he wasn't simply dreaming or half asleep. He had never encountered a faunus of this nature before, the largest trait he had encountered was... he was half sure he'd seen someone with wings once, but a trait that covered the entire body was most certainly a rare one. The skin itself didn't seem to be marked with any sort of abnormal markings or bumps like scales, in fact it almost looked... too smooth? This body was bizarre, he struggled to tell if it was strong and athletic, pudgy and soft or somewhere between. A rarity with how often he scanned people.

Richard frowned to himself, he didn't particularly like that he was (at least, from an outsider's perspective) so enamoured with analysing a body. Perhaps it would have been easier to ignore had less of it being exposed, he understood it was hot but most people attempted to retain some modesty. Not to mention... wouldn't skin like that burn much faster than other skins? Once again he shook his head... but it was in vain. Despite his attempts to avoid staring, despite wishing to only scan this person, he was far too intrigued. He hadn't lain eye on any weapon but... either this person had some kind of technical skill or they were even more troublesome than the majority of the families in the vicinity, she was tall though... not that him thinking so really granted anyone abnormal height; himself being under five feet. At least they had each other, this ditz seemed to be wandering in her own world. Singing and wandering through a Grimm occupied forrest, at least she was keeping to the beaten track?

Heaving a part grumble part sigh as she passed his line of vision he stepped out from the shade and onto the path, a good number of paces behind the girl. He raised a finger and opened his mouth to make some kind of opening statement, but promptly closed his mouth. Being unable to analyse this person, her type body being something rather new to him, this exchange of information would be quite important. Even if she wasn't a hunter or a fighter, if he encountered others of a similar sort he'd at least have some point of comparison. He probably couldn't open rudely with the likes of, Ain't you going to get sunburnt? Don't you want to put some clothes on? or the more stupid and, albeit attention grabbing, out of character Hey Baby! How're you doin'? It would take more tact and deception than that. To construct a believable lie, it didn't have to be a big lie. Just a simple little white one. He thought this despite A, never having met this person before, and B, not knowing whether or not she was a combatant who could threaten him. He was simply that neurotic.

Raising a hand in an almost waving motion he called out to her back and rushed toward her, while he was a good liar he hoped the additional surprise of being called would aid in the persuasiveness."Hey! Do you know if this is the way to the academy? I think I'm quite lost."

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Walking slowly with her voice still echoing through the many branches of the trees above, Madis had her smile going from ear to ear as she stared at what she could see of the sky from under the blue canopy. She was so lost in her thoughts and her singing that the squid girl didn't notice that she was being followed until the moment she was called out by the one behind her. At first glanced the one rushing to her looked like a child and the fact that he mentioned being lost didn't help with this idea however the little facial hair that the small man had was enough to tell that he was probably older than he looked. Either that or puberty hit him in a weird way.
Turning around to face the small person, Madis was tempted to bend over slightly in order to talk on equal height but figured it would seem rude to do so, so she simply waved with a smile before looking over her shoulder towards the path she was following. It was going downhill and having heard that the academy was uphill the violet girl figured this wasn't the way the the prestigious place. "The academy? I don't think it's that way. Wasn't it built on top of the hills of the woods or something? If it's the case then you'd have better chances to go the other way. At least, I think... I'm not from these parts and just arrived on the island so I'm not the best source of information." She didn't need to say sorry with her face clearly sharing that message by itself.
Tilting her head slightly as she stared at the guy in front of her, Madis wondered just how crazy he was to be dressed the way he was. It was hot today and while the trees offered quite a lot of shade to hide under, she would gladly welcome some wind to cool down the temperature a bit more and she wasn't wearing much while this guy was nearly walking with a blanket over himself. The young woman wondered if it was maybe customary to Bellmuse to wear lots of clothes and that she was just standing out with how much skin she was showing off. That bounty hunter she met was wearing a large coat after all, maybe it was normal and maybe applied only to men? She shook her head slightly before giving in the the urged of asking. "Say, why are you wearing so much clothes? It is pretty hot out here. I think if I was to be covered as much as you it wouldn't take long for me to remove a layer or two... or all of it~ I have no idea how you're handling this heat." Just watching him Madis was taken by the same effect of when she was looking at that man in the bar, she felt as if the temperature was rising even though nothing was changing, only her brain somehow tricked her into believing it was getting hotter. Sweat could be seen pearling across her body, running down her lilac skin where it was showing while a part of her t-shirt was beginning to become see-through without her knowing.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard frowned a little... was he actually lost? He had intended that to be a lie but... well if it was working it was working? It didn't particularly matter, he didn't have to lie about this aspect, he was just a little shocked that he was genuinely lost. That at least would lend further discussion some credibility, he supposed? Maybe he'd simply gotten turned around in his sleep, forgot which tree he had been under.  Now getting a clearer, front on, look at the woman she was... as purple as he had thought? It was indeed no trick of the light. Hair to toe, eyes as well, it was all a shade of purple. There were of course... other aspects which he was now noticing more clearly, aspects that a certain damp area were making clearer; despite how hard he was attempting to avert his eyes from them. There was a Venn-Diagram between analysing a body type he hadn't experienced and looking like lecherous pervert. A diagram he was desperately attempting to fall outside one half of. She certainly wasn't aiding with her line of questioning, he had encountered argumentative and scornful women... but he didn't remember encountering one of this sort before.

Regardless of how embarrassing it was, this up close and personal observation was having it's uses. This close, he felt confident in confirming his previous assumption that she was unarmed, as she began to noticeably sweat it became apparent that she did indeed have nowhere to hide such a tool... unless there were some kind of compartment or holding area under that skirt which was looking very unlikely with how she had been walking. While her body wasn't broad in any sense, she wasn't quite a stick figure either... the sweat had of course emphasised one aspect of that largeness but in terms of arms and waist, he hadn't dared look at her legs in such close proximity, she didn't look... gangly or anything. He felt quite safe in the assumption that she was a citizen of sorts with an interesting faunus trait, perhaps went to the gym and or ran, but little more.

Unsure how to respond to a wetting woman talking about removing garbs he reserved himself to a harshly logical response, though he was betrayed however by the redness on his face and the slight tremor in his rather deep yet raspy voice; "I'm wearing so much because... you know, s-sunburn? I'd rather be warm and uncomfortable today than for a couple of days yet slightly cooler today? Not to mention, I have a lot of stuff to carry, f-food and hiking equipment, so s-striping down to a similar level as you isn't an option." Seeing this as an opportunity to pry through the natural flow of conversation, "S-Speaking of garb and appearance, I've never encountered one of your... err... complexion before. Is it a faunus trait? Won't you burn if you're wearing... um, a-as few clothes as you are? It does look quite a pale purple. You don't look like you've got anywhere to cary sunscreen or a sun hat or...well anything to help protect against it?"

He coughed a little nervously, thinking he may have pressed to far... not to mention he was making an idiot of himself. He could feel his redness, his sweatiness, he cursed every stammer internally. His forefinger split open and from it a hook like white claw emerged with which he gave himself a small scratch around his rapidly moistening and reddening neck. Unlike most claw traits where the nails grew, in his case the claws seemed to slip out and through the flesh itself before resealing. Why was he sweating? From the heat or embarrassment? Probably both in all honesty. "If neither of us are that certain this is the way to the academy, I think I'll just follow this path? I don't really have to be there, just figured since it was a nice day I'd take the walk up for a visit rather than an airship." Richard paused, "I suppose though, if we're going to walk the same path... we might walk it together? My name is Richard Lionheart, it is nice to m-meet you." He extended a hand to shake, a gesture he didn't usually perform, but was curious of the texture this faunus trait bestowed upon the skin... was it like porcelain, hard, or like pudding, soft? Perhaps even just like normal skin, with no notable difference, but he had to find out.

Ah, oops, he quickly retracted his claw (which matched that of a slothbear in style and size) back into his finger... he had been so focused on analysing the woman and pondering on texture that he'd forgotten to withdraw. He'd been so focused on her faunus trait he'd forgotten his own. Realising quite how much he had been staring he reached with his other hand and took off his cap, fanning himself with the solid brim of it and attempting to avoid eye contact. Growing redder still.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Madis tilted her head slightly as the small man before her seemed more confused about her answer than someone would. There was something a bit off about him but nothing she hadn't experienced with others before. Maybe it was how he was dressed that really was unsettling her. Clearly he was hiding something, no one was stupid enough to cover up that much without hiding something. And apparently that "something" was hiking  gear? Yeah no she wasn't buying it. By hiking gear she thought of durable boots, a backpack with the essentials, maybe a snack or two. Maybe if he had mentioned climbing gear he might have been more believable, but that would have soon gone out the window when she saw that claw of his later on. No way this wasn't useful for climbing so clearly he was hiding something else under his clothing. But the woman wasn't about to say anything and would play along. No need to have him know that she knows until it would be needed.
Another reason he had given her was to avoid sunburns, which was a valid reason... if sunscreen didn't exist that is. Which brought the subject on herself pretty quickly as Madis did have a pale complexion which would surely require either a ton of sunscreen or clothes to cover herself. "You're right, I'm a faunus and the sun doesn't scare me. Never got sunburn in my whole life even under harsher sun or with lesser clothes on~ The woman giggled, she had noticed how flustered the guy in front of her was and even caught him staring. She hadn't noticed how damp her shirt was until now and sadly she didn't have any spare with her so it would only get worse as time would go on. Not that it really bothered her, but it would surely be distracting to others.
The small man introduced himself as Richard as he extended his hand to the young woman to shake. Returning the gesture she shook his hand -her skin being as soft as silk and felt more squishy than normal- with a smile as she considered walking the same path together. She found his offer weird though as she was heading downhill while he was looking for the academy which she was sure it was uphill. She shrugged it off, thinking that is his clothes were surely hiding something that he was probably hiding his motives too and that the whole "looking for the academy" was but a ploy. Well maybe she could turn this situation into a ploy of her own. She giggled once more while pointing to her face as she began to walk down the path. "My name's Madis. Also, eyes up here little man~" Wondering about this famous huntsmen academy, the woman was about to question the smaller faunus about it to see what she could learn. After all it would be the greatest threat to her future plans if not the only one. "Tell me Richy, what's so special about this academy? While you said that you didn't need to be there you're still heading to it, in the middle of the summer... since you don't look much like a teacher or the likes, you're probably a student there right? Or maybe you're way older than you look and you've been a full fledged huntsman for years? Then why would you need to go there? Fond memories of graduation? A teacher to show off to? Scaring the poor freshmen?" By asking random questions she figured he wouldn't take her seriously, what better way was there to appear innocent?

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
It was a curious texture to her hands. It felt similar to how it looked, smooth to the touch with no clear hardening or creases to the skin. He half regretted not doing that bizarre bow and kiss the hand things knights do in order to confirm this on the knuckles and underside as well but this current analysis would do. It was almost like she had... bouncy, probably fat based, deposited between her skin and bone. Even there on her hand, was it likely then that similar deposits were all over her body? She supposed such details could be gathered from his hand to, the occasional scar and the hardened skin. They were more like a workman's hands than a young-man's. And this skin of hers... did not burn apparently? At least in the sun's heat. At this close he had a more accurate reading of their hight disparity and-

It was then that she referred to his staring, growing redder still he ended the handshake. Richard was glad she'd given a name, only her first granted, it was better than nothing and seemingly an uncommon one; he'd never met a Madis before. When she began to pry about his intention in heading towards the academy he knew he could conversely turn that on her and discover her own intent. He caught up with her, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he walked. "I'm just there for the library really. It's still open, albeit on a skeleton crew. I find books and articles more useful than lectures... though first hand experience is preferable to both, albeit tiresome. With books, they aren't stocked unless they were good. With lecturers well; Syne isn't the oldest nor best known of schools yet it needs to fill a staff."

He was intent on keeping his eyes to the road now, both to save himself further embarrassment and as his physical analysis was complete. He had no reason to stare at bosoms any longer, he wanted to believe she was a civilian and simply that; he truly did. However, to arrive on this island with seemingly next to no information on the academy and pondering what made it "special" was quite strange. Those who had seen the academy knew, outside the precarious place it stood and architecture, it really wan't that much; it was a school on top the hill. The teachers were rude, the students boisterous and overconfident. Those bellow got the idealised version, with huntsmen and huntresses who were supposedly the best of the crop. It was the main draw of the island outside a holiday or fishing destination.

"So yes, I am a student. My major is dust, though I avoid the business and refinery side of it. Focus on the practical usage. But if you're on this island asking about the academy... are you new to Bellmuse? Got a foothold through a job or just hopping from port to port? Well... you don't look like a fisherman? Usually they have courser hands from the knot typing and don't tend to venture into the forrest. Like to hang around the port-bars and talk up high tales." He was tempted to have a guess at her occupation, some kind of businesswoman maybe or a new tour guide, but he didn't want to give her any ideas.

"If so, you maybe don't know the dangers of wandering deep into Finnek alone. The school's atop that mountain for a reason, the blue woods are a larger grimm hotspot than the green." He informed her, deciding to remove his cap. She was right, the heat was beating him down. Spiky yet short brown-black bedhead seemed to spike up out of his skull, despite his previous hat-wearing.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Unknowingly being the subject of some deep analysis from the small man in front of her, there was no such thoughts behind Madis' mind, she was just shaking hands with him and while his claw was a nice detail to know, it was all that she really felt the need to notice about him. That and his outfit, as he was obviously hidding something under that much clothes, like some sort of ninja probably. A not really sneaky ninja and one that didn't have control over his emotion as he was clearly flustered when the woman pointed out his gaze. It was something that brought her joy everytime, to see men all flustered about her, it was delightful~
It seemed like, as Madis listened to Richard, that he was a more thoughtful guy that he looked like, with the time spent at the library of the academy even in the middle of summer as well as the practical uses of one of the most prized ressource in the whole world rather than it's history or economic value. Although he didn't go into details and rather took the liberty to change the subject to know about her. The small man easily deduced that she was new to Bellmuse, which wasn't something hard to figure out when you stopped to think about it for a mere second. She had to find an excuse, a story to tell which would be believable although... An idea sprouted in the woman's mind, something that wouldn't require any excuse and would actually be a great step towards her goal. And Richard was the one who brought the idea too. "I actually came to Bellmuse for work and at the academy of all places. See, I have a certain knowledge on poison and curative items to counter said poison. Although my knowledge is more towards marine biology, I aim to learn and teach by offering my services to this place. You said the academy was looking for staff right? It feels like my timing couldn't have been better, especially with summer slowly coming to an end!"
Madis might have said too much on that idea, maybe it would have been safer to just say that she was simply looking for a job in general, although it seemed like the woman was lucky enough to find a way to get into the academy unsuspectingly. That is if she would be hired, the faunus woman would need to study on the matter of poisons and the likes if she hoped to keep her cover up. Richard then proceeded to mention about how much of a hotspot for Grimm was Finnek, which only caused the squid to shrug. "I'm sure it can't be that bad. Why would Grimm roam this close to the academy? Wouldn't they be more easily hunted that way?" Madis simply followed the small man as they walked down the road, not really caring where they were heading. It's not like she was going anywhere to begin with.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Medicine and toxin work, as well as marine biology... about made sense in Richard's mind. Yes it made sense for her to be a non-comatant teacher considering her lack of weapon on her person, a medical professional wasn't expected to cary a first-aid kit on their person at all times either; perhaps her semblance could heal in it's place or she simply hadn't brought her supplies to the woods. Not to mention the marine biology background explained her want to be on the island rather than a continent based academy. What slightly perplexed him however was her previous prying about the academy, yet apparent want to seek a position there. Was she intending to just march up and throw a CV down on the headmistress' desk? Did she even have anywhere to carry a CV? If she already had the job, wouldn't the academy have been better explained to her? He kept these thoughts to himself though, thinking he was perhaps nit-picking and looking for holes where there were none.

"I suppose that makes sense, good luck with that I guess? The staff are quite troublesome." Richard grumbled, recalling the burning down of a classroom with himself within and his arrest as a result of an evil head of security. Perhaps he was the problem? No that couldn't be correct, that woman had been thrown in jail and he had escaped that burning room. It was then that the woman spoke of why Grimm would be in the area, she really must have been limited to medical studies.

"Negative emotions attract Grimm, so while the school is useful in that there are people there to fight grimm... it is additionally, like a city, is a densely populated area. Enough people have a bad time or something goes wrong Grimm pour in. Not to mention, it's such a dense woods, there's no way to police further off the path. Get deep enough really it's the Grimm's territory, they have to persist somewhere after all." Richard responded, "The Summer is good for the light, it helps the humans spot problems, but when the come to the woods for parties and picnics... if something goes wrong Grimm will be attracted to them. Not to mention they may simply wander through."

He scratched his head once again, slowing slightly to walk at around the same pace as the woman. He wouldn't trust a stranger to walk behind him, armed or not. If she was intent on becoming a lecturer, and mentioned poison, "Most Grimm aren't smart enough to avoid the academy either, that's why it works out. They go where the emotions take them rather than where they can stay safe. That's why the academy works so well, the surrounding area is typically filled. Otherwise they would never dare attack one of the major kingdoms or even an island like this."

Creep

Creep
Creep Stats:
HP: 100/100

The Creep rested right below the two hunters almost like a land-mine, its sensitive front just below the surface of the earth, waiting for the two hunters to wait and trigger it's attack. The beast could hear the two just talking about things something such as it could never understand, it's eagerness to confront the two nearly making it shake in delight... It had been burrowed underground for some time, waiting for it's prey and now that it was here... It was time to feast!

As soon as the Hunters drew near, (say... within 10 or 15 feet), the Creep would lunge up from the earth, spraying mud and rock every which way, it's jaws wide open, attempting to bite down on Madis' head. Meanwhile, It's tail flailed wildly, swinging harshly to the right, then to the left, hoping to smash the other hunter as well with it's powerful swing as the dangerous landmine-of-a-grimm it was.

3 Attacks: 25 damage to Madis, 25x2 to Richard

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum