You are not connected. Please login or register

The Grand Plot OoC thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:15 am

Paragon

Paragon
Thanks for stepping on that landmine Fenrir. I was getting ready to create a family history  Laughing.

So based on the fact that Hunter is trying to keep his semblance a secret, I guess his body is in a crow but the way you described it sounded like a simple transfer of consciousness and his shell is just standing there now.

And backup, a legitimate reason? I've seen serial killer characters with no apparent reason for being serial killers.

27The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Okay so, can we not talk about the dust thing? Thats never going to be a thing while im here. That word is a bit of a trigger for me, like, legitimately.

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

28The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:53 am

Faeth

Faeth
Wait...why is Fenrir blowing up the moon?

More importantly, shouldn't we be focused on Hunter and his crows?

29The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:20 am

Fenrir

Fenrir
Destroying the moon aside, we need an actual plan beyond first thing popping into our heads. Hunter is clearly afraid of Faeth's shooting so we keep her between James and his shield and Paragon and his general beefiness. Marcus should collect data from the remaining lab equipment while Kei and I work on restricting the enemy's movement.  Lapis and Amarante can be our supporters and provide defense and healing so James doesn't have to stretch himself out and focus on defending.

30The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
While I agree with plundering the computers for data, right now I think it would be a good idea to limit where Hunter can jump to, and as such I've decided to zip-tie up the clones in the tank. Speaking of, does Fenrir still need those or did his wounds vanish because of the retcon?

31The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
They're gone since everything that hurt him was invalidated so the zip ties are still on the table unless they were knocked off by the crows. So we move to take care of the clones/robots/whatever in the tank, that should draw Hunter away from Paragon and Faeth long enough for them to get to James Lapis and Amarante.

32The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 am

Faeth

Faeth
Where was this in the first part of storming the base? I mean really...how did we all not think of coordinating until after the princess (or her double) get shot in the face?

Now, are Paragon and Fenrir the only ones with aoe attacks? Paragon has a limited amount and Fenrir has to hold back or I won't be able to shoot with as much accuracy.

33The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Amarante

Amarante
If Fenrir can create sparrows and mix them with another glyph to create a static buildup, Kei can use his semblance mixed with a wire fired into the center of the flock. The electricity should arc from the wire to the sparrows and from the sparrows to the crows.

34The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
Faeth wrote:Where was this in the first part of storming the base? I mean really...how did we all not think of coordinating until after the princess (or her double) get shot in the face?

Now, are Paragon and Fenrir the only ones with aoe attacks? Paragon has a limited amount and Fenrir has to hold back or I won't be able to shoot with as much accuracy.

TBF having an OoC somewhere is something that I'm so used to that it honestly didn't occur to me it was missing until those OoC notes started to pop up in the IC thread.

Also, I'm temporarily occupied with the body doubles, sorry.

Amarante wrote:If Fenrir can create sparrows and mix them with another glyph to create a static buildup, Kei can use his semblance mixed with a wire fired into the center of the flock. The electricity should arc from the wire to the sparrows and from the sparrows to the crows.

Why would it arc to the crows first instead of the wire directly? Confused

35The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Amarante

Amarante
Marcus Goldstein wrote:Why would it arc to the crows first instead of the wire directly? Confused
It travels along the wire to the flock. Since lightning is static buildup in the air, Fenrir would be using his glyphs to create a sort of amplifier for Kei to increase the power of the electrical attack turning it into a sort of Meteo power. Fenrir's command of air makes an already highly effective attack into a super sayen move.

36The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 B3f

Leena just started to roll to see if we hit Hunter. Come on guys, go for the face. The FAAACE!

37The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
Amarante wrote:
Marcus Goldstein wrote:Why would it arc to the crows first instead of the wire directly? Confused
It travels along the wire to the flock. Since lightning is static buildup in the air, Fenrir would be using his glyphs to create a sort of amplifier for Kei to increase the power of the electrical attack turning it into a sort of Meteo power. Fenrir's command of air makes an already highly effective attack into a super sayen move.

Not feasable.
1. This comes pretty close to multi-elements
2. Doing this in an enclosed space would most likely also stike us
3. Even if #2 didnt happen, the shockwave and concussion from the attack would most likely kill us all
4. Ic, my character can only create glyphs up to four processes at this point in time. Meaning the sparrows as of now are the literal absolute maximum my character can do (creation, maintaining cohesion, guidance, and detonation). The only way I could add in a glyph would be to tag a target with a tracking glyph and free up a layer.

We'll keep this one in our back pocket for a rainy day.

38The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein

Last edited by Marcus Goldstein on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more mockery of Hunter. We always need more of that.)

39The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Faeth

Faeth
Fenrir wrote:
Amarante wrote:It travels along the wire to the flock. Since lightning is static buildup in the air, Fenrir would be using his glyphs to create a sort of amplifier for Kei to increase the power of the electrical attack turning it into a sort of Meteo power. Fenrir's command of air makes an already highly effective attack into a super sayen move.

Not feasable.
1. This comes pretty close to multi-elements
2. Doing this in an enclosed space would most likely also stike us
3. Even if #2 didnt happen, the shockwave and concussion from the attack would most likely kill us all
4. Ic, my character can only create glyphs up to four processes at this point in time. Meaning the sparrows as of now are the literal absolute maximum my character can do (creation, maintaining cohesion, guidance, and detonation). The only way I could add in a glyph would be to tag a target with a tracking glyph and free up a layer.

We'll keep this one in our back pocket for a rainy day.

1. If it was clearly stated that yours and kei's attack went off simultaneously by their respective owners,  not multi elements
2, 3. we can hug the ground. there's stuff more conductive in the lab than our bodies and still enough stuff to dampen the concussion
4. do you need to constantly create? that sounds like an unnecessary process once your glyph is activated.

40The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
If I were dealing with solids or even liquids, that would be true. But I'm creating objects out of air. that automatically uses up to processes since I have to keep creating the item to replace lost air that isn't held by the second process of maintaining cohesion.

41The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Marcus- if you are referring to the crows, Semblance damage is unresisted.

42The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Amarante

Amarante
Fenrir wrote:If I were dealing with solids or even liquids, that would be true. But I'm creating objects out of air. that automatically uses up to processes since I have to keep creating the item to replace lost air that isn't held by the second process of maintaining cohesion.
Could you compress the air into a near solid state?

43The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
In essence,  that is what my solid Glyph is. and I believe I mentioned that it is rather fragile. until my character develops, using my sparrows like this is simply not a viable option unless I want to be incapacitated.

44The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Paragon

Paragon
I just realized the sparrows are a concussion type attack. you use aura to create slightly condensed and unstable pockets of air right? so by your logic, we almost died.

Unless you have a piercing attack, I recommend not using aura as a weapon.

45The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:17 am

Fenrir

Fenrir
We lucked out on that one

46The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:56 am

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
Leena Lilac wrote:Marcus- if you are referring to the crows, Semblance damage is unresisted.

I took that to mean 'Damage before resistance and armour is applied' but I see now you meant 'Damage that cannot be resisted'. Edited.

47The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Okay so this is getting out of hand. You guys can't keep making stuff up. "But Leena, that's the point of Roleplay, to make up a story" Why yes, esteemed member, that is absolutely true. However, you can only make things up that have to do with YOUR story, and YOUR character, and they all come together to make a bigger story. Otherwise it IS technically GodModding.

Here are some examples of what not to be doing.

Making stuff up about the history of Bellmuse: I hate being possessive, but Bellmuse is MY world that I created. It works the same way as any character or the like that you all make. If someone walks up to you and tells you your own life story without actually knowing, you would have a problem with that.

Making stuff up about Site NPC's. Again, You can't walk up to someone and tell them who they are. That makes no sense. For example, for some reason the King is someone who makes those who oppose him disappear? What gave you that impression? He's a kind albeit over working king with a lame semblance. His FC is MUFASA. It's okay if you have a character percieve him as such because they're intimidated or something, authority and whatnot, but to state it as fact is kind of strange. He (and hunter even) is a character created collectively by the Staff, with a story and a personality much like your own characters and character apps. This also goes for Hunter's plans. Speculation is 100% okay, but claiming to fint things (such as the Dust plans) that have nothing to do with the actual plan whether you know what it is or not is not okay. We have already provided you with enough information needed to figure it out.

Lastly (and this is very similar to my last point), making certain things up about surroundings. Of course, this is a very tricky thing to moderate and is more lenient in nature, but if it's a little too convenient, there is an issue. You cannot claim that certain items are there when they are not. Some things are fine, such as fighting a grimm in finnek and chucking a bunch of acorns at it or dropping trees. Those are things that are OBVIOUSLY there because its a forest. However, while i did say Hunter's Lair is a lab, i didnt say it was the type of lab that would hold enough sodium to light a fire. That's like if we were in the training arena fighting, and i claimed to find a nuke among the prctice weapons, and then USED said nuke. That doesnt make sense. Certain things are okay or inconsequential, such as the strange green liquid thing, i guess, or the zip ties. But there is a limit. No Chemicals, no Scary dust.

Sorry about the rant but this was becoming a serious issue.

Sidenote: upon rereading things, sone of you dont have a full understanding of damage rules. Anything guided by semblance follows semblance rules, and damage will never be 0. 5 minimum. The idea is that while you as a person might not feel anything, your aura is still taking that hit for you.

48The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:32 am

Amarante

Amarante
I was under the impression that some of the things were based oo assumptions mixed with coincidence I.e. people speaking out against the king ending up dead, ergo the king must be behind it because no one would ever try to turn people against their king or take advantage of obscure information. Also Fenrir said that the story of his family was wrong, but his character doesn't know that and is repeating what he was told.

THE dust thing on the other hand, I was having an off day and just said screw it and threw a bit of filler for my word count.

On the part of the sodium fire, Fenrir,  do you know how much is needed for a ten foot flame? about three kilograms.

49The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Okay, it didnt read like that to me, I apologize. @King

50The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grand Plot OoC thread Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
I actually removed the green fluid already. I read the OP properly again some time ago and realized I made that bit up myself.

At the time I wrote the post my mind just conjured up this image of a fancy science fiction pod with mysterious green fluid in it and I didn't bother to go back and check if that fluid was actually there. You know, something like this:

The Grand Plot OoC thread - Page 2 Stasis%20Chamber_004

Sorry about that.

As for the tie-rips, I quite clearly stated in my character sheet Marcus carries around a belt full of tools on missions. Small stuff like a swiss army knife, adjustable wrench, switch-top screwdriver with the most common bits, flint, a length of wire, roll of duct tape, some tie-rips that sort of thing.

I can make an exact list of tools on that belt if you want, but I promise right now it will never be anything crazy like a dozen blocks of High-ex.

EDIT: Also. Fenrir. Crows are pecking at my sensitive places! WHY ARE YOU _____ING AROUND NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THEM?!

Last edited by Marcus Goldstein on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To yell at Fenrir)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum