You are not connected. Please login or register

Dust 101 (Closed)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Dust 101 (Closed) Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Toriera

Toriera
At long last, the first step was done. Stepping into the classroom Toriera grinned ear from ear as she looked around. The room was of average size with enough room to fit a lot of students, maybe too much. With this being the grand opening of the academy, she didn't expect that big of a turn out of students. One of the main reasons she picked to return to her homeland to teach. Get a year or two teaching smaller groups to see how it went. After all, she would most likely be the youngest and maybe the most inexperienced teacher here. Still, she didn't think it would be that hard to teach kids how to use dust. At least in a way that didn't involve them blowing themselves up.

Giggling like a school girl Toriera slowly walked around the room, her room. Unlike many of the other rooms this one wasn't elevated, but flat with multiple table rather than any single desk. Two main reasons went into picking this: The first was that she didn't want the kids to feel like this was a school. The last thing someone training to be a hero of the land want to do is sit around in school. The last was the for the back half of the room which was built more like a laboratory.

Instruments of all kinds were scattered about over the counter and cabinet that Toriera had yet to put away. Some were meant for studying dust, some for testing and everything in and between. She would have been lying if she said it was all for the student. Hell, there were a few things here that even some Hunters wouldn't know what to do with. Those were Toriera toys for a later day. Satisfied that she had not left anything to breakable or any spare dust out she turn to walk back toward her desk.

It was the most eye catching thing in the room, maybe beside her own hair. I was far bigger than she had asked for made from the legendary material, she believed it was called 1mahogany. However, sight of the wood was long gone by now. Paper of all kind covered the desktop in what would appear to be a colossal mess. Where there was no paper was stickers of famous cartoon Hunters and Huntress and in another spot was drawing for great battles of man vs Grims she had done when bored. She had yet to add the last of her "junk" that was a few of her figurines, but that would have to wait.

Flipping out her phone, Toriera frown slightly seeing the time. "Well, they will be here soon." She said begrudgingly going and sitting down behind her desk. Since this day was merely an introduction and orientation to the class Toriera didn't bother to dress up too much. She wore her Footloose on her feet with a pair of dress black dress pants along with a white dress shirt. Leaving a few buttons at the top undone for a bit of a tease. To her this was more or less the idea of dressing professionally as she had very few dresses or lady type clothing. Yet, it all was a bit offset by her more than uncommon rainbow hair. She had wanted to just come in tee and pants, but figure she would at least try and be profession on her first day.

"Miss Free..." She said softly to herself with a small smile. It still didn't feel real to her even with all this around her. "What would Violet say if she saw me now?" She asked herself thinking of her old Huntress friend before turning back toward the door. "....Well, here goes nothing."

Last edited by Toriera on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Sammey White

Sammey White
As a shy sown white hair and face pocked out form be hind the side of the wall in the hall. It looked around to see if anyone mean and or scary looking was around. The halls only had a few people in it and it looked ok as she walked out form be hind the wall. Sammey walked down the hall hugging her books close to her. She had four with her today unlike days past she only had three but there was a new class started today and she wanted to be in it. The class was about dust and that was something Sammey was not going to miss out on.

She than was at the door to the class and slowly opened it and walked in and sit in the back's far right of the room to other would be always looking at her. She than looked at the Professor and she had some colorful hair unlike her own whit as new snow fall. The Professor also pair of dress black dress pants along with a white dress shirt Leaving a few buttons at the top undone showing some skin. Sammey was a little jealous of the professor she know she'd never be able to do something like that.

She than got her thing ready for class not saying anything and looking down at her thing she put out. She did want the professor to think she was what some would say checking out the professor. Sammey than hind her face *O-ok ok it's going to be if i just don't look at her till i have to i don't want her to think i'm eyeing her.* She was already starting to freak out a little and the class on the first hasn't even started yet.

3Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Toriera

Toriera
Growing a bit bored from waiting Toriera had taken to playing a game on her phone. Only to hear the small sound of the door creaking open with her just shy of a new high score. Quickly she pocket the phone as she watched a student come into the room and make a bee-line to the back of the room. What do we have here? Toriera thought to herself, watching from behind her desk fortress.

The student looked almost like a walking snowflake with her white hair and matching skin. Toriera was a little jealous of the girl fair skin, but her action held most of Toriera attention. She gave no greeting or even said a word and quickly took a seat in the back away from others eyes.

Making a soft cooing sound Toriera made a small smile at this. She a lot like how I used to be at that age. Trying to avoid the eyes of everyone around you. It was a cute trait, but one she didn't want to see in others, but knew she couldn't just jerk someone out of their shell like that. You had to do it nice and easy otherwise you break them, just like it happen to herself.

Getting up from her chair Toriera walked over to the girl as she seemed to be setting her work space up. "Someone diligent!" Toriera said, smiling from the other side of the table top with her arm cross. "I like that!" Said sounding as friendly as she could. "I'm Toriera Free and welcome to my class. And you are? Are you going to be okay all the way back here?" Toriera asked with a warm smile. Just take it slow and don't rush it, she told herself in her mind.[/color]

4Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:07 am

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Oh no, she was late; she was very late. Well, technically Scarlett wasn't late at all to the class, in fact she was going to be a bit early at this rate. But it was certainly late to her! Because of her studying last night, she made the obvious mistake of sleeping in and only barely having time to make the lunches for today. Which meant that she wasn't going to get to the classroom before most and therefore might have to sit next to people. That was a terrible thought, really! What if she was forced to sit next to someone extremely unpleasant? Like that Averia girl for one! Well... she and her actually became friends after some time, so maybe that was a bad example to rationalize her compulsive need to not sit near anyone that she didn't know. And that in itself was not the best mentality to have when you were trying to actually make friends.

Stepping foot in the classroom, Scarlett found herself letting out a breath of relief. Seems that she wasn't late as she originally thought and there weren't many students in here at all. Even better, there was only one! Her eyes immediately fell upon a familiar face: that of a girl that was even clumsier than she was. Scar and Sammey certainly haven't spent much time together or even really talking. It was kind've hard to imagine a conversation between them, it'd probably just be a lot of awkward pauses, stammering, and blushes. And then Sammey probably running into something. Yeah, that sounded about right. But nonetheless, she felt a bit more comfortable in the room thanks to the fact that she was there. As it seemed that the White sister and the teacher was having a conversation, so the redhead took the time to choose a seat for herself.

Unlike Sammey, Scarlett had a different preference on where to sit. Taking a seat right in the front-row-center, she found that this was the place to sit for not only the best place to pay attention to the teacher, but any unsavory types would prefer to sit in the back. She wondered for just a moment if Sammey found that it was the opposite or if she was just far too shy to even sit close to the teacher? Either way, Scar pulled out her laptop, looking up towards the teacher as she conversed with the girl waaay in the back. The redhead let out a soft sigh as she prepared herself for the class. Should she be nervous? Absolutely not, she was a duster after all, and even classes that didn't involve dust she was the type of student to ace them. But it being Scarlett... of course she was nervous. So for now, not wanting to interrupt, she stayed quiet, waiting for the class to begin.

5Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 am

Sammey White

Sammey White
As Sammey was almost done setting up for the class some one walked up to her and said "Someone diligent!" This made Sammey jump hitting the the bottom of the table. She slowly looked up to see it was the professor Sammey than jumped to her feet and bowed "I-i-i so-sorry i-i-i di-didn't mean too re-really." As she was saying sorry the professor asked her somethings. "I'm Toriera Free and welcome to my class. And you are? Are you going to be okay all the way back here?"

"Ni-nic-nice to me-meet you pro-professor i-i'm Sa-Sam-Sammey Whi-White." Sammey looked down when the professor asked her than. "Y-yes ma-ma'ma i-i'll be ok." As she fixs her work space that she messed up when she jumped and hit the table. She than started to hind her face behind the her white scarf hopping the professor was upset and or mad at her for looking at her and hitting the table and messing thing up.

6Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:02 am

Caernarvon

Caernarvon
Caern walked down the hall with a skip in his step, whistling some old sailor tune he had picked up while on a voyage through one of Remnant’s oceans or another. There was something about having absolutely no scheduled obligations whatsoever that just made him happy.

From his hand dangled the sleek metal form of his Tommy Gun, swinging back and forth forth in a way some of the more cautious would say was ‘dangerous’. Bah, that was all hogwash. He needed to learn how to use The Backup Plan more efficiently, and that meant unlocking the secret behind those mysterious dust bullets that could turn an entire building into an ice sculpture. Fun stuff. A few students passed him awkward glances in the hallway but the detective didn’t have a care in the world, besides stopping the Three Stripes, finding a job, taking care of his son and curing his hidden insatiable lust for human blood…

Anyways, this training would surely help him one of those problems, so it couldn’t possibly be a waste of his time! The man walked into the door of the classroom and looked around to find that a few had arrived earlier than him, including what appeared to be a wingless marshmallow snowflake fairy and a crimson-haired girl sitting towards the front. Caernarvon’s eyes locked on the teacher and he approached the desk nearest to her, throwing his gun across it lengthwise and lowering himself into the seat behind it, putting the length of his arm across the back of an adjacent chair.
“Heard you know a thing or two about dust,” He said to the teacher, trying to sound as unimposing as possible and probably failing… Not like he cared. “So, uh, we’ll be covering dust-based ammunition today, right?”

http://www.aimware.net

7Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:52 am

Toriera

Toriera
Toriera watched as the girl jumped up knocking herself into the desk as well as say something. Something being the key word here as Toriera almost totally missed the first part as the girl spoke more in a whisper. "Woo there Snowflake! Take it easy. You didn't do anything wrong." Toriera said, but she knew Sam most likely wouldn't listen in her panic. So in the end she just let the girl ramble before speaking. "Well then Sammey as long as you're okay back here. If you ever need me to speak up just let me know." Said as she turned back toward the front of the room. This one is going to be a hard shell to break, she thought just as another student enters the room.

This time it was another girl, a redhead this time. Unlike Snowflake she picked to sit in the very front row of the class. It seems this one wasn't afraid of being seen by the teacher. With a small smile Toriera made her way back to the front giving a light tap on the top of the table she passed. An old habit she had that she felt compelled to do. As she reached the front she was about to speak with the new girl as yet another student enter the class. This one was a male, but fair older than the rest seeming. Well, it was an open academy so she expected a few older ones.

Flipping out her scroll Toriera checked the time seeing that there was only a few minutes left before the start of her class. She quickly shot her head back up at the man question. Well, look like this one isn't afraid to speak she though with cunning smile. "I'm might know a thing or three about it, Pops." She said walking over to the man before leaning over the table across from the man. With a smile would suddenly push the gun off the table into the man's lap before spinning back around. "Weapon off the table! There be time for that later, I promise." She said teasingly with a wink as she leans back against her desk.

"Well, we still have a few minutes left so we're going to give those who can't read a clock a bit more time to get here. If no one else shows up, then I guess you lot will be the one stuck with me." She joked thinking of what to do next. "So if anyone feel like introduction feel free to do so. I'll be doing mine as soon as the class starts so till then those that don't know can just play the guessing game, Kay?"[/b]

8Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 am

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
Screw this. Why am I doing this? I am too great for something like this.

Averia held a small book in hand while the other slid inside the pocket of her skirt. She was walking in the hallway while reading, although not entirely accurate since her mind was wandering somewhere else. Dust Class. Who uses dust anyway? It's pathetic and dirt in the making. That was her perception at least until that stupid goddess-wannabe teacher literally scorched her side with the use of it. Her eyebrow twitched at the recollection of their spar. How her semblance was ultimately destroyed by a simple use of cheap fire dust. "Gah! You old hag!" She growled at the memory and kicked a random passerby on the shin causing the poor wimp to double over in pain.

The girl sighed and flipped her hair back before storming into the class. "Avy Frost." She said simply and walked to the back of the room towards her usual position in the right corner. However, she stopped as she saw someone was already on her seat - a person with white hair and.. a walking snowman basically.

Averia rolled her eyes and grabbed the chair before dragging it, along with the person situated in it, a little to the left to make space for her own. She took a random empty chair and placed it on the space she just created. Now, she's the one sitting at the back most right corner~ She removed her bag, shutting her book in the process and settled on the chair before propping an elbow on the table and her chin on hand.

9Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Akui

Akui
Akui woke up to a beeping scroll, and a quick glance at it informed her that she was late for a class. Probably the master of skipping class, even back in her slightly younger days, she was going to turn off the alarm and roll over and go back to sleep...when she noticed two things...

The first thing was that this class was being instructed by a female professor, and while this piqued her slightly, it was lower again due to remembrance of that unrealistically egotistical professor she had to endure in another class. However, the second thing actually got her out of bed, cleaned up and dressed: This was a Dust class.

If there was ever such a thing as a passion or desire when it came to Akui, tinkering and inventing would be that thing...but ever since she read that book about Dust when she was in prison, she yearned to know more. She knew enough to build a weapon that could use it as gunpowder to enhance what a normal bullet could do, and she had taught herself to wield basic Fire Dust in this form, but there were so many different variations of Dust to learn to wield and she never learned how to wield it in it's other more raw forms. She was so excited to try and learn more about Dust that she would have left her dorm without her injection had her quivering knees not reminded her.

She quickly reached over her bed and pulled out syringe, then stuck it in her usually spot in the back of her neck and pushed it in, letting the joy of being numb flow through her body for a moment before tossing the syringe in the garbage near her bed.

Diablo had been disturbed from his sleep by Akui getting up and he had noticed her perform her injection, looking at her in the most inquisitive manner that a snake could manage. She looked at him with a light smirk. "Shhh...don't tell anyone, this is our little secret, okay?" she whispered to the snake, who bobbed his head up and down in understanding and agreement. He then slithered up to her and was about to hitch a ride when she backed away and put up one finger.

"I'd love to take you, but I can't, sorry. There is a mouse hanging out in the closet of you get hungry." she patted her snake friend on the head before grabbing her scroll off her dresser and heading out.

She was a bit quicker than she normally was, but her speed was still in a permanent slouch, kind of like a slug that had been startled by some nearby salt. She eventually made it to the classroom took a quick peek before she thought about entering. She saw a bunch of students, and the teacher...who had crazy rainbow hair that appeared to be ungroomed and an outfit that looked thrown on and unpressed, like she had forgotten she needed to dress proper for her class.

Akui walked right up to her and spoke, looking her right in the eye. "Sup, teach? Hope you have something cool to teach us, unlike my previous class. F***ing egotistical b****. Sweet f***ing hair, by the way." she then turned around and headed up and up until she was at the top row, and then moved all the way to the left so that she was isolated. She then kicked up her feet and leaned back to relax, waiting to see what this new professor had in store. Had she been paying attention and been able to look past the mist that always clouded her eyes, the professor may have noticed a spark of pure intrigue....

http://www.discordapp.com/#5424

10Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Toriera

Toriera
Toriera had given the class a chance to for a little meet and greet, yet the room was dead. So much so that she would have fallen asleep standing there if she didn't keep checking her scroll for the time. Things did come to life a bit as a new student burst through the door. A little blonde spitfire it would seem as she quickly gave her name and walked to the back of the class. Toriera only watched as she forcefully moved poor Sammey down before taking the right corner for herself. "Well, someone a little grumpy this today." She said with a small smiled crossing her arms.

Suddenly music would fill the air around Toriera as she removed her scroll. It was set to tell her when the it was time to start the show. Turning off the alarm she pushes herself off the desk before clapping her hands together. "Alright then! I guess that's eve...." But she was cut short as she noticed the door creak open. "Oi! You coming in or just going to stare out there?" She called out just before another girl walked in. This one, much like herself, was rocking a bit of oddness in hair color, but more than that this one wasn't afraid to talk.

Truly, this girl was already testing Toriera limits with only a handful of words. That limit being keeping herself from bursting out laughing. Oh, I like this one already she though tilting her head at the girl.

"Well, aren't you a cheeky little b****." She said jokingly. "Thanks. Not half bad yourself. Oh, by the way Pinky! If you're late for my class again, your a** will be mine!" She said with a mixture of teasing and threatening.

With that Toriera made a point to walk over and lock the door banning anyone else who might be late. "Well then everybody! I guess we should get started then!" She said, walking back to the spot in front of her deck. She couldn't help but grin in this moment. So this would be my class? She asked herself as she took note to memorize everyone body faces. She has Lil Snow white, Magenta up front, Brownie with his gun, the Lil Blonde firecracker, and last Pinky. Not too big, but still small enough she felt she wouldn't get overwhelmed.

"Alrightly, then! This here is Dusk 101 and I'll be your beautiful professor down this road in both better understanding Dusk and the many ways it may be used. My name is Toriera Free. You may call me whatever you like. So long as I can't tell its an insult. Now before I get too far I want to go over a few things about my class that you may not be used to in others. First, as you might have noticed with Pinky I support freedom of speech in here. So feel free to speak your mind, but be warned if you talk to much smack I don't like then I will shut you up!" Toriera said as she smiled giving hint she wasn't joking.

"On to the next part." Said growing tired and forming a platform behind her allowing her to sit down, but for the class she would appear to be floating in the air. "I also won't treat any of you as children. We are training you fight monsters for not only this Kingdom, but perhaps all Kingdoms some day. So you all deserve respect for that. That being said I will not tolerate horseplay in here. Dust can be beautiful and amazing." Pausing for a moment as she smiled remembering the first time she used dust five years ago. It's have been one of the stepping stones in saving her life and getting her to this point in life. "But it is not a toy. If used wrong, you could easily get others injured, or even killed, and then I'll have to do paperwork for it and nobody wants that!"

Leaning back a bit Toriera thought to herself if she was missing anything about the rules. There were a lot in the handbooks she knew, but she didn't really care for them. As long as no long was too stupid then everything should be fine. Suddenly it hit her that she didn't really know anything about the people she was meant to be taught. Lesson one know your students! She remembers her teacher telling her long ago. "I guess before we drive into this, how about we have a little pow-wow?" Grinning Toriera hopped off her invisible seat and started walking down the row in the middle of the tables. With a small skip in her step she lightly sang as her finger dance in front of her as she mentally tapped everyone on the forehead. "Eenie meenie miney MO!" She shouted, pointing at Sammey White!

"Starting with you we'll going to go around giving introductions. Stand up and give your name and what you want to learn from the class! If you like, also feel free to ask me anything too. It's not fair if I'm the only one learning anything." Said giving the snow hair girl a thumbs up. Toriera knew Sammey wasn't the talkative type, but she also wanted to try to break that shell the girl placed herself inside. Besides, if she went ahead and got it over with now she wouldn't have to sit there in a panic waiting for her turn.

11Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:59 am

Sammey White

Sammey White
The door once again opened and some one els walked in like it was his house and put this weapon on the table and started to  say something to the Professor. The Professor than pushed the gun off the table into the man's lap before spinning back around and said something. "Avy Frost." Someone said walking in Sammey didn't look at the person she didn't want the person to think she was giving her a dirty look or anything. Than Sammey's char and she self started to move Sammey looked back in fear to see it was the person who just walked in she thinks. Avy if she heard it right just moved her and took the spot Sammey was sitting in.

As the new girl sat down Sammey was sad that her spot was taken and her thing were still there. Sammey than turn to face the Professor Sammey was so sad she looked like she was about to cry as she covered her face a little with her scarfs. Her eye's looked like sad cat eye's.

Sad Face:
Dust 101 (Closed) 52A

12Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Perhaps this wasn't such a great idea coming in today. Scarlett found her gaze being drawn towards Avery as she walked in, not wanting to outright stare at the blonde, so she only have glances from time-to-time. She blinked as Avy began to pull Sammey away from the table, watching in disbelief that even the Avy she knew would simply pull someone away from their spot and replace them. Scar felt quite sorry for the White sister, biting down on her lower lip as Sammey had an expression that reminded her of a kicked puppy, "Poor Sammey..." she said softly to herself

But Scarlett didn't allow her attention to focus just on Avery and Sammey's interaction. She became less and less sure about whether she wanted to stay in the classroom, biting down on her lower lip lightly. Wracked with indecision, she simply watched as a much taller pink-haired girl stormed into the classroom with a tone and speech that was less-than-fitting for a classroom. Only blinking in response, she was quite surprised to see that the teacher seemed fairly okay with such language. At least in small amount, but to Scar anything more than a 'drat' was going way further than a small amount.

Gathering up her belongings in a hurry, she made her decision. Perhaps if circumstances were different, she would have stayed. Maybe the redhead would have actually enjoyed being in this class of interesting individuals? Whatever the case might have been, now wasn't the time for her to try. Pulling out her scroll, she looked towards the time as she stood from her seat. Seems like she was already going to be late at this point, so she didn't have any time to linger in the class longer. Scar made her way towards the classroom door, looking back for just a moment, allowing her eyes to glance over all the students in the class before giving a soft sigh. She didn't have much choice at this point and simply pushed open the door, stepping through. She'd need to learn about dust some other time.

[Exit]

13Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Caernarvon

Caernarvon
Caern chuckled, impressed by the teacher’s disposition, but when that punk chick came in talking to her like an angry sailor he could hardly hold back his amusement. As he laughed he set his gun on the ground so it leaned against the side of his chair, the stock making slight contact with his hip.

While normally a stunningly sharp-looking man like himself would have no need to remove such an incredibly handsome hat from his head, it was a little inappropriate for the situation to say the least. He put it on the table in front of him and folded his arms, awaiting what came next. And what came next seemed to be introductions. He noticed the red haired girl getting up and just walking out, which was an… Interesting decision. But hey, who was he to judge anybody? Caern used to be far more of a social outcast, after all. Seemed everyone went through that phase at some point in their lives.

Speaking of that, as the teacher was calling out for introductions the marshmallow snowflake fairy was chosen first, and she didn’t look as if she was up to it to say the least. In a sense Caern felt sorry for her… But then he realized something: that he was in a classroom completely occupied by members of the opposite gender, without exception… Well, besides him, of course. All of a sudden he felt just a little like the fairy lady himself as he awaited her introduction.

14Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
Due to her location at the back of the class on the right corner and her natural nonchalance over her surroundings, Avery was completely oblivious of Scarlett's presence. Had she known, she would've sat right beside the girl to make this class a tad bit more interesting. Although that wasn't a good idea now that she thought of it. She'd probably spend the entire class talking and teasing the girl instead.

What did catch her attention though, was the obnoxiously pink hair and obnoxiously loud entrance of her obnoxiously smexeh roommate. Hmm. She didn't know she was a duster too. Interesting.

As the teacher continued to talk, her eyes sparked with interest as the woman sat in the air with no support whatsoever. What a cool semblance. Though mine is 'cooler' of course~ She chuckled at her own bad pun. She was about to lay down on her desk out of boredom when she just then realised the books and pens on the surface.

"Eiii, who put all these trash here?" She grimaced. She looked at the person beside her - the snowman. Her eyebrows scrunched at how this person looked more like a Frost than she herself. She narrowed her eyes at her. "Hey you, girl with the white hair, would you kindly take your garbage off my desk please? It's very rude to me you know. Also, it's your turn to introduce yourself."

15Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:30 am

Akui

Akui
Akui yawned and stretched, getting comfy enough to take a nap if nothing of interest took place. Her interest for this class remained perked, however: not only could she learn something new about Dust and how to wield it more effectively, this teacher seemed much more lax than her previous one, which made it much more bearable. She performed some sort of cute parlor trick, what with floating in mid-air, what Akui could only assume was her Semblance.

After going over some boring ground rules, apparently it was time to get to know one another, and this solemn girl was picked out of the lot. She seemed utterly destroyed that she had been called upon, and not long after Akui heard a familiar noise: the obnoxiously whiny and obnoxiously demanding voice of her obnoxiously obnoxious roommate. Akui sighed, hoping to herself that this wouldn't ruin any chances of a decent experience with the class.

Akui focused her attention on the ceiling as she sighed more audibly this time, before speaking in a tone that mixed boredom with slight impatience and aggravation.

"Hey, Barkface, hurry it up already. Just say your name and some s*** about yourself. It'll be over in a few seconds and then it'll be someone else's turn." she then readjusted her legs and let out another yawn.

Ash Rockford

Ash Rockford
It had been some time but a bit acquainted with the grounds a new student Ash as a Duster had set up to take Dust 101 when it became available but unlike most students he didn't quite live at the dorms. He wasn't use to student life nor did he know if he qualified for rooms so continuing his nomadic life style he had set up camp at the nearby woods. Staying warm from the winter was hard enough thankfully he had brought enough camping gear and blankets. Peeking out of the furl of black cotton wool blanket he groaned seeing the day light and paused before cursing  getting up and shuddering about the cold. Getting his clothing on he dawned some long johns and slipped into his black jeans pulling up the leather chaps he clipped to his belt. The skin tight mesh shirt he wore over his chest had seen better days but he didn't care as he slipped into his leather bondage jacket and wrapped the tattered black scarf around his neck covering the lower part of his face before pulling on his skull shades. Tossing his books into a small duffel bag he slung it over his shoulder and slipped into his knee high leather padded boots and pulled the Velcro tight and ran off in a spring before slipping into a bank of snow.

". . . ." With a heavy sigh he climbed out of it sneezing muttering how much he hated snow and ran skipping breakfast he should have spent some money on a watch or an alarm he barely afforded his books and it wasn't like he was like some students overly wealthy. It wasn't too hard to get to the Academy it been easier if he leapt from tree to tree but the snow gave him the idea that be too complicated and chances to just slip and fall. Shouldering the duffle bag strap he pull out from his pocket a black ear bud and put it in his ear and playing the track "Twilight Loneliness" and with the beat of the music began some routine practices using his semblance to fade in and out of sight as well some sliding given some ice patches. Seeing the Academy ahead he bolted even faster warming up his body from the cold air and leaned forward those outside would simply catch a glimpse of this dark silhouette ducking and weaving behind things as if trying to keep a low profile. He didn't know what the teachers or staff were like and he didn't want to make a bad impression.

Getting into the building finally he looked around for signs for classrooms and followed them till he came down the hall seeing the teacher closed the door with an audible lock. Hanging his head Ash just sighed thinking how he was going to explain to his teacher he was late then with a fist to his open palm he figured the best way was sneaking in. Utilizing his semblance Ash would appear as if he was fading out of existence by the eyes of others but all he was doing was causing the dark particles around him to reflect and not absorb light making him virtually undetectable via the light spectrum and he would stand by the crack of the door and bang on it hoping the teacher would roughly open it and he simply slid pass under the arm and into the classroom and appearing in a seat among his other students. All else fails well acting like a foreign exchange student was an alternative.

17Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Toriera

Toriera
Who knew the teacher life was this hectic. Standing right in the middle of the room Toriera took a moment to let the student do as they like. As it seemed some had problems of their own in the class. The first being the red haired girl who suddenly jumped up and burst out the door of the class. "Wonder what that was about?" Maybe she should have gone to see, but at the same time she wasn't familiar enough with the girl to ask these sort of question. Beside there was no way she was going to leave this group alone.

Next would have to do with the classroom Snowflake as it seemed she was close to having a meltdown. But not the anger kind that Toriera would have herself in this situation. This girl shell seemed to be a lot thicker than she first thought and worse of all! She was so cute like this! If it haven't for Toriera own will power holding her back, she would have already hugged the girl into a headlock and started petting her. But she couldn't do that, Right? No, probably not. So all she could really do was to push a little harder.

With a sudden loud clap of her hands to draw everyone's attention Toriera spoke. "Ok, now everyone. I'm charging the rule. The one and only room of my classroom now is Don't be an A**hole! You got it!?" Making sure to give a sharp look toward Blondie and Pinky. She didn't want to play favorite here, but if she let this go any further the girl might retreat so far into her shell she might never get her out. "Now Sammy. Take your stuff back and just give a quick introduction and a bit about yourself. I promise no one will bite your head off." Adding a bit of a grin at the end to make sure point make it across.

On the inside she just hoped the tricks she learns from her old teacher would work the same for as it did for him. However, before then she could go on a loud knocking came from the door. "Now what is it!" She said, sighing and walking toward it. "Keep going everyone! I'm still listening, I promise." This had to be one of two things. First the red hair girl was trying to come back and found the lock on her. Or two that another student was joining Miss Pinky in the tardy club.

With a flip of the lock Toriera open the door and stuck her head out into the hallway. "Best have a good an....swer ?" She started, but stops in the dead hallway as she opens the door wider. "That's weird!" But there was something here, more of a smell than anything else. "Stop right there!" She said, calling out to someone. She couldn't see them, but she could smell them. The smell of fresh snow and the wilderness. Like someone had been camping out for the past few days and a smell she herself was more than used to.

"Sorry to interrupt once again, Miss White but someone trying to be sneaky." She didn't know how someone was sneaking into her classroom, but she couldn't let it go without being punished. "Since you don't want to be seen then you get to sit right in front of my desk" She said pointing toward an open seat in the front row. "That way I make sure you're not late again." With a large smile Toriera hopped up once more taking a seat atop her floating invisible platform. "Now then... You all may continue everyone."

18Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:37 am

Ash Rockford

Ash Rockford
Right before her face Ash would materialize as if coming into existence like a painting and look into Toreira's eyes he was stunned rather by her hair and appearance not thinking a teacher would be dress or appear in such a manner. It stunned him mostly cause the image of a clown with a rainbow afro falling into a cotton candy machine would make this. She reminded Ash of a bag of candy he once had as a child and simply blurted out nervously. "Forgive me teacher Skittles I won't be tardy again."

Face palming the black clad leather looking youth from his leather chaps to jacket looked down in shame his thoughts slipping into his mouth. Grateful for the black scarf around the bottom of his face and the sunglasses he made his way to the front row sitting in the middle per his teachers instructions. Boy did he mess up as he got his books out still puzzled in how she sensed him but in the same how the heck did she get hair like that or at least how long did it take to make it that way. Looking towards the one the teacher called Miss White he wondered what this Dust class would be like. Kicking his feet up on the table the young man gander about like a country bumpkin amazed at the city as he looked how fancy the school was set in this weird castle.

Removing a dark looking tome note book ash would get his mechanical pencil out apparently not using a scroll or maybe it was preference to using the old ways. Jotting down some quick notes of his teacher, appearance, and then of the other students he began a creepy stare of observation as if making notes on all of them for future reference in remembering who his class mates were. It was clear he was older than some of young ones aside from the gangster look top hat and pink bubblegum hair rocker chic. Curiously he starred at Avery hoping to hear what she had to say and if she be at all as interesting as the teacher in some way.

19Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Sammey White

Sammey White
As the girl who moved Sammey form were she was sitting she told Sammey to move her things for her spot. Sammey was afraid to get her thing form this girl. Then the girl yelled at her siding the professor was talking to her Sammey jumped as the girl said that and get her thing and moved closer to the doors in the back row. Than Sammey tryed to hide behind her book's only showing her eye's starting to water up. That someone walked in and the professor looked at him as she did that Sammey ducked under the table.

She started to cry some having everyone look at her and her having to talk out loud to the whole class. As she was hiding under the table she was hoping they skip her and move on to someone els. She than poked her head out form under the table with some tears still in her ice blue eye's.

20Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
OOC: catch up when you can, caer. get well soon! ;D

IC:

Avery frowned as the teacher pinpointed the two of them for... she didn't know what exactly. There was nothing wrong to what she said. This walking snowman simply overreacted and made her look like the bad guy. "I'm not being mean. I'm just saying the truth. Do you tell a penguin beside a cliff that it can fly just so you don't hurt its feelings? No." She folded her arms and leaned back.

Just then a newcomer dressed in all-black leather attire was ordered to sit in front of the class. Psh. That's you get for sneaking in. Avery remembered him from her class with Alex. He was that weird dude who arrived late and came in through the window.

And just when she thought this class couldn't get any more random, snowman decided to hide beneath her desk and acted all cute with her teary eyes. While under normal circumstances Avery would've been 'aww' to that, she didn't take kindly to weaklings, especially those who waste her precious time.

"My god." Avery sighed in irritation. At this rate it'll be night before the actual lesson starts. Instead of addressing the girl, she turned to the teacher. "See, this is what happens when you play favourites and tolerate one's meekness. You're practically sending her to her demise. How do you expect this crybaby to kill grimms, hmm? Not only does she jeopardize herself, she's practically deadweight." She gave the girl a brief side glance. "I pity your teammates, really."

Avery flipped her hair back and decided to take it upon herself to move the pace of this class. "I'm Av. Done. Is that so hard to do? Next student please."

21Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Akui

Akui
"I'd take her over your arrogant ass any day: when she gets serious, she really can shoot a bow with incredible accuracy, but all you can do is talk s*** and order people around." Akui responded snidely to that stupid rich roommate of hers. It wasn't that she cared too much for the stupidly shy girl as much as she was given a chance to dig at the obnoxious personality of her roommate.

Akui stretched and sat up ever so slightly and yawned, then changed her mind and leaned back again, putting up one arm into the air before she spoke. "Name's Akui. Means Malice. Ex-Leader of the ex-gang called the Pink Death. Killed a lot of douche-bags, stole a lot of stuff, kicked a lot of government ass. Now I'm here, cuz life's a b****. End of story. Next." she had wiggled her fingers in a 'toodles' fashion before letting her arm fall back down and putting both hands behind her head as she prepared to nap in case this new teacher failed her in terms of learning interesting things that were actually worthwhile.

22Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:49 am

Toriera

Toriera
Well the class was going to hell faster than a hand grenade in a hand basket. Unfortunately, at less with the hand grenade it ended with everyone shutting up and not yelling at each other. With some just up and leaving the class and another coming in late, she had enough to deal without one having a full blown panic attack in the back. It seemed the nice and tinder approach wasn't cutting it, much to her distaste. Damn that old man she thought thinking back to her old teacher and his advice. Just give them a warm smile and soft words? She knew that from the start that wouldn't work like it did for the old man with his students. Mostly cause she wasn't that kind of person.

The blood vein was already beginning to blog even before the young man enters and calling her teacher Skittles. Her first instinct was to launch a back at this, but she bit her tongue as she gave the young man a scary smile. "Just...Just take a seat." Before hopping off her platform and stomping her right foot onto the ground. Instantly the flames lunched up from the ground from her shoes surrounding the woman. The flames would reach up all the way to the ceiling, turning it into a pillar. Yet, even with so much fire Toriera made sure there was a little heat as possible coming from it. Making it mostly harmless to those around it, but a super effective attention grabber.

"Enough!" She said angrily as the fire died away, leaving not a trace it had ever been a fire. "By the Dust its the first day! I didn't think everyone would start aim for each other throat this fast." She had tossed away the false nice girl persona in her annoyance. Then again maybe she should have started with this to begin with. "You!" She said pointing at the hiding snowflake. "The princess might have been blunt, but she not wrong either! You need to learn to talk to people, but clearly forcing it out of you isn't helping." She said, sighing as she tried to not look into those big blue eyes.

"Dry those tears and come out when you're ready." Toriera decided it was best to drop it for now. Further pushing might end with another one running out of her classroom. Thankfully, it seemed the blonde and pink one wasn't afraid to talk, but they also weren't afraid to speak their mind either. Not that she dislikes that in people. She much rather someone do their muckraking in her face, then behind her back. Sighing a again she remembers she did tell everyone to speak their mind and clearly rules went in one ear and out the others with this group. At this point she had nothing to really say to the blonde, at least nothing that she felt would stick. Which meant it was Pinky turn.

"And you Miss Bada** you ever heard of the phrase Too much info?" Said turning toward the girl. She knew that there were a few "trouble teens" in this academy, but this one took the cake. Note to self ask for the record of said Akui. Worst yet is seemed the princess and the punk might have a history with each other. "At least you two are actually talking... Do not shoot each other, got that!?" Toriera said, pointing while moving her finger between Ave and Akui quickly. She had no idea how the other teacher did this for a living.

Oddly enough the class male counterpart were the most well behaved so far, aside for one up front giving her a foolish nickname. At the same time the one with the hat haven't said a word, which at the point she didn't know was a good or bad thing. "Yo!" She said snapping her finger as she walked back to the front. "Bondage Jo, give me a name so I can start this car crash of a class up." With that, she walked up and hopped atop her desk as she crossed her arm and leg. After giving the young man the time needed to say his stuff she turned to scan the room.

"Well, we had a bit of a rough start, but that's life right? Just one speed bump after another. Now then, on to meat of the matter. I had first only planned on making this first day being orientation, a meet and greet of sorts. But let's see what you lot know. Dust! Tell me how important do you really think that it is to use? Tell me all the ways you can use the stuff, both inside and outside battle."
Yes, this was a rudimentary question, but she needed a ground to stand with her students. No needed starting from the race if everybody didn't know where the starting line was.

23Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Ash Rockford

Ash Rockford
Bondage Jo Ash had to smirk at that Skittles had moxxi that was for sure. Standing and saluting his teacher he spoke with an accent though his common was verse. "Good day teacher I am Rock. I am new to Bellamuse. I am happy to be here among my fellow students. Although we are diffrent we share common goals such as fighting Grimm whatever reasons we differ we also come to learn.

"What i know of Dust is limited to my tribe but I'm skilled with fire mostly and some of the basics but i excel in explosions flame blsts and creating fiery distractions *snaps a finger to let a flame burn before 1uelching it* I like to learn other dust elements to expand my knowledge as Dust is a multi tool a hunter should have at thier disposal. Dust is not juzt a force to abuse it is an art form. The detail of how dust is used and created is limited to the wielder and thier understanding of dust. As such teacher like you are important. With out you we have no leadership in the fundamentals. So excuse me when I say this but as the future of Bellamuse Academy should you all behave as such or become the leaders to prove to our peers we are what makes this school.

"If you got nothing to prove to anyone then let it go because we are the team mates and friends you have when the line gets dark. If we cant trust each other whom else do we have in this world? Just food for thought."

Ash would formally bow to his teacher and fellow students before taking his seat. Taking notes hebbegan tonwrite and observe the other students that had greeted and waited for thier reaponses he knew some would shun him but truth is if this is what they had some one needed to make them realize. Arguing wouldnt get them anywhere and the class needed a foundation. Not to mention getting on Skittles good side might ease his tardiness.

24Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:56 am

Caernarvon

Caernarvon
Caern let out a barely audible groan as he watched what was unfolding in the classroom around him. It seemed everyone had one thing pretty much in common: varying degrees of immaturity. Accept for Caern, of course, as he was the beacon of adulthood and manliness everyone should strive to become. He grinned a little at his own joke, but it faded as Marshmallow girl kind of botched her entrance before getting a mouthful by the rather rude girl near her… Who happened to have shared his profession at one point by the looks of it. Or sounds, whatever.

Almost. ALMOST, understandably the teacher literally seemed to explode in anger, creating pillars of fire that Caernarvon himself could feel the heat radiating off from where he sat in the front. To be entirely honest, he didn’t really like being taken off guard very much but remained silent as the new guy, thankfully of the male gender, gave a small essay in response to the teacher’s question. For a moment after he spoke, the room was likely a little quiet. The detective broke this by slamming his palms together as hard as he could, clapping for him. He waited a full second and repeated, slowly increasing his claps until it stung. He stood up from his seat, eyes locked on the newcomer. A solitary (fake) tear trickled down his cheek as he continued for a few more seconds before finally ending his ovation and basking in the magnificence that had assailed his ears just a few moments ago.
“Beautiful! Absolutely spectacular! This young man here has a future in the art of speechcraft, ladies and gentleman! Absolutely stunning!” He stressed each word to ridiculous degrees of emotion before clenching his hand into a fist, maneuvering it to his mouth and clearing his throat, tone transforming into an overtly casual droll. “Sorry for not speaking up earlier, class, but my impossible to pronounce name is Caernarvon, I run a pizza delivery company specializing in providing fattening, greasy cuts of imported tomatoes, frozen cheese and almost expired wheat to local Grimm in the hopes of killing them with food poisoning. Family run, work with some really great people. Would definitely recommend our combo meal, it’s...” He curled his thumb and pointer fingers to meet each other and raised the remaining ones, motioning forwards with this gesture with a scrunched up grin on his face. “Oh, and to answer your question, ma’am, dust is essentially the only thing that’s kept us alive this long in spite of all the horrible murder monsters surrounding us. It’s great for burning things, getting people’s attention… Cooking pizza. Lots of other fun stuff too… Alright, done now, next person can go.”

The man fell back into his chair, grin fading to a rather dull and unamused stare at the rest of the class.

25Dust 101 (Closed) Empty Re: Dust 101 (Closed) Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Sammey White

Sammey White
Sammey wasn't trying to be like this it was the way she just is than the professor told Sammey. "The princess might have been blunt, but she not wrong either! You need to learn to talk to people, but clearly forcing it out of you isn't helping." the professor was looking around her but it felt like she was trying not to look Sammey in the eye's. "Dry those tears and come out when you're ready." Sammey did as the professor asked and pulled out a little white handkerchief form her shit pocket.

"My god." Avery said out loud than looked to the professor "See, this is what happens when you play favourites and tolerate one's meekness. You're practically sending her to her demise. How do you expect this crybaby to kill grimms, hmm? Not only does she jeopardize herself, she's practically dead weight."  Sammey head shot up *I-i'm not i'm not dead weight i'm not* she started to tear up more. Than the girl give Sammey a  brief side glance. "I pity your teammates, really." As she said the her three team mates popped into her head. Than out of no were Sammey got up and walked to the girl and slapped her across the face.

Sammey face was still covered in tears "Ta-ta-take it back." with her hand still up in the air form the slap and her self breathing hard "I-i'm sh-shy and small but........I'M NOT DEADWEIGHT!!." Her yelling wasn't to have more louded than her soft low everyday talking. Sammey than walked away form the girl to the other end of the class and a row down. She than took her handkerchief and cleaned her face form the fallen tears.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum